Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 09:03 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,393,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Nobody ever says, "Remember when we got to the <insert losing venture> and lost? Wasn't that great?" At the end of the day, you're no different than the other 31 teams that didn't win except that your 1st round draft pick is a whole lot lower.

As a die hard Browns fan I would be just happy with an over .500 team or be in contention. It has been maybe 20 yrs or more since there was any excitement at the stadium. The highlight is the tailgate..
The fiasco with RG3 and the inactivity in free agency just is numbing, especially for a team that has so many holes.
As far as getting to the SB, I do think it has great merit for a fan. The build up during the season and playoffs, it would be like old times (80s) and sure there is a big difference in winning or losing SB but there is no way in h*ll you caN say 'you're no different than the other 31 teams....' I can tell you that Panther fans remember their trip to the SB and that season stands way above all the rest...they probably have it as clear in their memory as much as I do the fumble, the drive, the shot, the pitch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 08:52 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
As a die hard Browns fan I would be just happy with an over .500 team or be in contention. It has been maybe 20 yrs or more since there was any excitement at the stadium. The highlight is the tailgate..
The fiasco with RG3 and the inactivity in free agency just is numbing, especially for a team that has so many holes.
As far as getting to the SB, I do think it has great merit for a fan. The build up during the season and playoffs, it would be like old times (80s) and sure there is a big difference in winning or losing SB but there is no way in h*ll you caN say 'you're no different than the other 31 teams....' I can tell you that Panther fans remember their trip to the SB and that season stands way above all the rest...they probably have it as clear in their memory as much as I do the fumble, the drive, the shot, the pitch

Check out my thread that I started about the Browns on the Pro Football board here on CD! I am extremely frustrated with the way this organization has been handled since their return in 1999. They have alienated former players! They have alienated the fans with their bulls*** policies at the stadium! And Mike Holmgren would rather talk to the Seattle media than our own! It has gotten so bad now that there is talk the free agents don't want to come here because they don't like Mike Holmgren and the way the organization is being run! You also are hearing now that potential draft picks don't want to come here for the same reasons, as they see the Browns not trying to build to win. So, with that, for the Browns to get any big free agents they will have to over pay!

My biggest memories of the Browns are the Bernie years. I was a bit young during the Kardiac Kids years, so those memories are vague, but I did have the Browns 12 Days of Christmas on 45. I'd love to have a team comparable to the 80s Browns! While they came up just short, courtesy of Horse Face, it was a great time to be a Browns fan!

Old 03-22-2012, 12:33 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,178,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
I don't know how you call the RG3 thing a fiasco. Not many players who have never taken a snap in the NFL are worth what was being asked for. The history on this is long established. Let's see what they get through the draft and FA and also how good RG3 actually is before casting spurious judgements. Remember, Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round. Also, so far, the H&H crew have drafted reasonably well in the 2 previous drafts.

Quote:
I didn't say that it wouldn't be fun to get there. I said that, at the end of the season, you're a loser like everyone else who didn't win it. Like I said, I know many, many Bills fans who don't even care a lick about making it there. All they talk about is how they didn't win in 4 tries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: