Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:24 AM

310 posts, read 1,356,973 times

Advertisements

I personally can't wait to get out of here. Anyone want to vent about their dislikes for NE Ohio?

I've got one: NO SUNSHINE - EVER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 09:52 AM

49 posts, read 95,191 times
Blah, Blah, Blah! I live in a place that has 300 plus days of sunshine a year right now and believe me that gets old and boring too. I actually miss the variety of the seasons and miss that the weather actually reflects what holiday your celebrating. Halloween this year was sunny and almost 90. It just feels like your living one incredibly long day out here where it's sunny all the time. Life is what you make it. I know a lot of Ohioans move out to AZ as I'm one of them, but believe me it's no paradise out here too. 5 months of incredible heat and I work outside in it so I know. I can't wait to leave "paradise" and move back to CLE!!!

Old 01-19-2012, 09:53 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,176,348 times
No. Not at all. But, if you want to leave, get going. Nobody will stop you.

FYI - I've decided that I'll keep a record of daily sunshine for 2012. It's January 19th and I've seen the sun for more than 4 hours (my own criteria) on 9 of those days.

I've got another: Immense amount of pessimistic whiners.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:58 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post

FYI - I've decided that I'll keep a record of daily sunshine for 2012. It's January 19th and I've seen the sun for more than 4 hours (my own criteria) on 9 of those days.

The NWS already keeps a record of daily sunshine.

That last sentence...

Old 01-19-2012, 10:05 AM

49 posts, read 95,191 times
I agree with Cleveland Collector about all the pessimistic whiners! That's one fault that most Clevelanders seem to have. These are probably the people who lock themselves away for 5 months for the winter and whine and cry about the weather. You have to force yourself to go out and try to enjoy the beauty of the winter.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:09 AM

708 posts, read 1,815,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwifruit2 View Post
I personally can't wait to get out of here. Anyone want to vent about their dislikes for NE Ohio?

I've got one: NO SUNSHINE - EVER!

I just got back here from being on the west coast for 11 years...NO I DO NOT WISH TO LEAVE OHIO AGAIN!. I admit, the weather is bad in the winter, but this is the first mild winter we've had in a long time, at least as far back as I can remember...If I ever even thought of leaving ohio again my family would throttle me, lol......I've lived in california, Washington state and Idaho..traveled through 16 other states..Trust me...Cleveland is better,lol

Old 01-19-2012, 10:13 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,284,985 times
I've been gone to too long as well living out of state (well 2.5 years), and I am soooo happy to be back. (I lived in Texas, North Carolina, and briefly Mississippi)

I will honestly admit, it took me being away to fully appreciate what Cleveland has to offer. I'm currently living in University Circle and loving every min of it!

One thing I never expected to miss was the four seasons. Living in places essentially void of Spring and Fall allows me to tolerate and even enjoy winter.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:07 PM

310 posts, read 1,356,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
I've been gone to too long as well living out of state (well 2.5 years), and I am soooo happy to be back. (I lived in Texas, North Carolina, and briefly Mississippi)

I will honestly admit, it took me being away to fully appreciate what Cleveland has to offer. I'm currently living in University Circle and loving every min of it!

One thing I never expected to miss was the four seasons. Living in places essentially void of Spring and Fall allows me to tolerate and even enjoy winter.
I agree the change in seasons is nice and maybe I have been cooped up too long and have a horrible case of cabin fever. I don't mind seasons, I like them, but I just can't stand weeks of cloudiness. I'm between youngstown and akron areas. Maybe it's cloudier over here idk, sure does seem neverending though. Even this past summer was cloudy most of the time. I don't hate Ohio, but I do get tired of the overcast skies.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:20 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,176,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
The NWS already keeps a record of daily sunshine.
Yes, but their criteria for what is a sunny day is borderline ridiculous.

Quote:
That last sentence...
The truth is the truth.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:58 PM

236 posts, read 462,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post

I totally agree with Cleveland_Collector. My goodness... The crying gets old. Sometimes, it does take Clevelanders to move away for a while, so that they can see C-Town is not that bad after all... When it's hot folks are crying... When it rains, folks are crying. I call C-Town folks who complain, complain, complain "Cleveland Cry Babies". Dealing with negative native Clevelanders takes too much energy out of me. That's why the new comers are the ones I connect with and latch on to. The love it here! Not all native Clevelanders are cry babies. We get snow (approx. 3.5 months of snow, out of 12 months) - so what! That's a part of northern living. Move away down south, so you can complain about it being miserably hot there!

This Thread needs to be deleted... Let move on... I'm done...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland