Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 01:45 AM

20 posts, read 66,130 times

Advertisements

What ever happened to contacting a realtor? Especially if you're afraid of Black people, "the hood", etc...you should contact an agency and let them help you with your phobia. Just a thought...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 10:21 AM

7 posts, read 17,725 times
Default warren, Ohio

Hi everybody. I'm moving in a week to Warren, Ohio. Can anybody please tell me what areas are good to live in? and bad areas to avoid. I am also looing for a 3 month short term lease apartment, my nature of my job is traveling. If anybody have some info, please let me know. I really appreciate it. Have a great day everybody!

Old 11-26-2007, 01:36 AM

7 posts, read 37,008 times
Default Cleveland bond

What ever you do don't move to East Cleveland. Its not the best place to live right now if you catch my drift. Let me start by telling you Cleveland is alot different then AZ and having kids make a big choice where families live in this city because of the school system. I would first say if you can buy and not rent. Cleveland Heights, Euclid, and Beachwood are nicer place to live with kids. If I can be of any help hit me at jonz357@yahoo.com

Old 12-01-2007, 11:30 AM

2 posts, read 6,343 times
Cool I would avoid this area if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelz78 View Post
Does anyone know the area of Broadway and Chagrin? I am looking at a house over there?
Chagrin Blvd becomes Union St west of Shaker Heights. The neighbor hood is low rent mostly due to the Railroad conjestion and old steel mills. Stay east or south if you can. Euclid or South Euclid are diverse ethnically and have good schools. Warrensville Heights, Garfield Heights and Maple Heights are good locations for apartments and some rental homes. Good Hunting!

Old 12-02-2007, 07:55 PM

95 posts, read 563,765 times
I would recommend Strongsville, a highly rated Westside suburb just 20 minutes from downtown. It has the areas 2nd largest mall, and a top rated school district receiving 12 stars I believe.

Old 12-04-2007, 04:01 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,342,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelz78 View Post
Hi I am moving with my family to somewhere between East cleveland and mayfield heights and I can't seem to find homes for rent. I would like to know about neighborhoods in shaker heights south Euclid and east cleveland area. And what to expect. I'm 28 married and have kids I'm hispanic and my husbands caucasion and we're from AZ and really have no idea what to expect from Ohio. Hubby grew up in NY and I grew up in UT but would like more info from people who actually live in the areas were looking. My family is moving to mayfield heights so I don't want to be too far from there so any area around there would be fine. Thank you
I think you would really like Shaker. Being that age, you could go to Coventry and a slew of artsy areas. The rental homes in Shaker are plentiful..lots of charming duplexes. Very large. Fireplaces, wood floord etc. Best schools around (ratings).
South Euclid is more 50's era..not sure your age group would find is all that great. East Cleveland...stay away. Mayfield Heights isn't bad, but you are right..not many rentals outside of the Marsol Apartments. You can also check out Beachwood (there are townhome rentals there, and nice condos), then Shaker also has some newer condos you might be able to rent. Truly, the Eastern Cleveland suburbs are great....for your age group, and what you are looking for...you could also look Chesterland, Chagrin Falls (condos there), and the surrounding areas. Might be a little rural for you. Shaker is probably your best bet. I grew up there, and can not say enough about it. Lived out west for a long time, and still missed it. It's charming, but not in a retro way.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:24 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,768,544 times
Default Coming Home To Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350days View Post
Hello I have actually been to Lorain Ohio to go to a Puerto Rican festival. Trust me you will not be happy with Lorain moving from Arizona. It is a town with factories bellowing smoke and there is much poverty with a poor performing school system.
Lorain, Toledo, Youngstown tend to be blighted. I wouldn't live there.

Factories bellowing smoke? Thats called progress back east. More of it please with scrubbers...we have a competent detailed workforce in OHIO, lets stop sending it overseas!!!

Poverty and poor performing schools? It sounds exactly like everywhere in New Mexico! Especially on the reservations!!! I've been here a year in NM, and aside from the nice people, weather and landscapes, it leaves a lot to be desired. The labor pool here is way sub-par, as told to me by co-workers, and witnessed first hand.

Ramshackle housing...people are living in dwellings here that would've been condemned in Ohio. I'll send a few pics, you won't believe!!!
A tornado blew through Clovis, NM last year, and today it still looks like it was hit yesterday.

I'm moving back because of an illness in the family, and have to take care of that and our house that hasn't sold in Akron, which is a hell of a lot nicer house than some of these houses out here in Clovis / Portales for 1.5 times that.

Folks, you cannot believe how much less you get as far as housing out here, and half of the conveniences. Unless you live in the few metropolises of New Mexico, you're going to spend a lot of drive time (1.5 hours at least) to get to major shopping.

Don't get hurt in New Mexico. It's a long way to a trauma center, and none come close to NE Ohio's facilities!!!

I loved going to shows, clubs, and concerts in Cleveland/Akron, very few pass through New Mexico. Again If they do, there is the issue of drive time.

Familiarity breeds contempt, so I left.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder, I'm coming home.

I'm glad I'm moving back to N.E. OHIO!!!

Last edited by newmex; 12-10-2007 at 07:41 PM..

Old 07-29-2008, 12:27 AM

2 posts, read 6,212 times
[quote=xwideopenskyx;1617700]Unless you have lived in both areas it is difficult to be objective. While most of the crime happens in the city of Cleveland you cannot possibly ignore the fact that it does spill over into the burbs in all American cities.
For example: Euclid, Ohio (burb of Cleveland)

i'd have to say the crime from clevelands east side doesnt spill over to much into the suburbs near the cleveland area. i've lived in euclid(the first burb outta cleveland) then willowick the second and now in eastlake and all these neighborhoods are relatively close to cleveland and crime isnt bad. eucld may be on the downward slope from being the nice neighborhood it used to be but it still isnt that bad. and willowick and eastlake are nice places to live. ne one thats lived in the area know that its not bad until you leave euclid. most crime is kept to cleveland itself

Old 07-29-2008, 12:33 AM

2 posts, read 6,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likqid View Post
What ever you do don't move to East Cleveland. Its not the best place to live right now if you catch my drift. Let me start by telling you Cleveland is alot different then AZ and having kids make a big choice where families live in this city because of the school system. I would first say if you can buy and not rent. Cleveland Heights, Euclid, and Beachwood are nicer place to live with kids. If I can be of any help hit me at [EMAIL="jonz357@yahoo.com"]jonz357@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]
the cleveland area can be a very nice place to move to especially if u have kids. i grew up in willowick and eastlake which are two towns within twenty minutes of downtown and i cant think of a better place id rather have grown up. housing in willowick is pretty cheap compared to living out west where real estate if ridiculously high priced. the school system of western lake county is a solid district and there is hardly any crime. id suggest willowick of wickliffe to ne one planning on moving to the area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland