Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 10:46 AM

75 posts, read 175,995 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I am a native Cincinnatian who may be moving to Cleveland this fall. I thought I'd take a few trips up to check out the place so I can begin getting my bearings. Is there anything that is a definite must see while I am there? Areas to avoid? For some reference, I tend to enjoy museums and cultural institutions a great deal. I am 23, so I would also like to hear about areas in town where there is a high percentage of individuals in their mid-twenties. Bars, restaurants, coffee-shops, etc. Any advice whether based on my questions, or just something you think I should know would be greatly appreciated. I am dyed in the wool urbanite, so don't be afraid of suggesting urban areas to visit, I tend to prefer them anyway. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 05:14 PM

4 posts, read 10,622 times
I think the Cleveland Museum of Art is a MUST! It is one of the best in the country and they have just recently finished up a great deal of renovations. I love it there. There is always the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as well. I also recommend checking out East 4th in downtown. Great restaurants, bars, etc. The vibe there is really cool.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:35 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,216,052 times
Check out the the riverfront, eden park and kings island. Dont forget to go to the the musem and the greaters.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:16 PM

23 posts, read 48,107 times
If you like museums, the number one place I recommend is University Circle/Little Italy. That is high priority for you. Also, the West Side Market is a must. It is always top 5 places recommended to visit while in Cleveland. I hope that's a start.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:21 PM

869 posts, read 1,278,311 times
You're missing the Rock and Roll HOF inductions by one weekend! so close The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum | RockHall.com

The must see neighborhoods include:

- Ohio City (Great Lakes Brewery, Westside Market, 10 more bars)
- University Circle (Cleveland Museum of Art, Botanical Gardens, Cleveland Museum of Natural History, Cleveland Orchestra, etc etc)
- Little Italy (restaurants, bakeries, etc)
- Tremont (Restaurants, bars, shopping, etc)
- Downtown (RRHOF, restaurants, E. 4th street, W. 6th Street, all three stadiums downtown)

You may also enjoy Coventry and Lakewood as well -- tons of young people.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:42 PM

223 posts, read 397,851 times
Cleveland has so much to do....I don't know where to start....check out our beautiful Lakefront

Old 03-30-2012, 10:00 PM

261 posts, read 588,899 times
-University Circle (biggest concentration of museums and institutions in the country)
-Little Italy (one of the best)
-Coventry (young bohemian neighborhood)
-Lakeview Cemetery (famous Clevelanders buried here such as President Garfield, Elliot Ness, etc)

^These neighborhoods all border one another

On the west side there is the West Side Market, it's been praised as the best food market in the country so a must if you get the chance. Also Lakewood, best description I can give is that it's basically a college town without the college that sits on the lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland