Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 08:48 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times

Advertisements

I don't know what you mean by "Competitive"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 11:36 AM

19 posts, read 46,654 times
I've just heard that some students felt they had to "keep up" with others in terms of the cars they drove, clothes they wore, etc, and had a hard time because of it. I'm sure you can get that in any nice suburb, though. Thanks for your help, I think we are going to look in that area.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:37 AM

5 posts, read 8,528 times
I live in Sagamore Hills and I can't wait to get out of here... I moved for the parks and recreation centers, also figuring that these amenities would attract active young people as well (Like you, I'm in my mid-20s). BOY was I wrong! The average age has to be around the 70s, as you can tell by the drivers in town. The average speed is always 15mph below the speed limit! Having grown up in a Detroit suburb, this is absolutely maddening to me. The amenities are still great... I can easily ride my bike to the tow path and take the train back from Peninsula. I'm not sure what your priorities are but if you want to be around people our age it's best to look elsewhere... Macedonia might be different and worth looking into, and it also seems much more diverse.

Chagrin Falls and Moreland Hills are really nice areas, if you can afford it, and a lot of lots have plenty of land. Have you tried looking around there?

Old 08-14-2013, 10:53 PM

8 posts, read 15,297 times
I grew up in chagrin falls and live in Parma hts. Somewhere off Of I77 would be ideal. Brecksville/broadview Hts would be central and ideal. Both Brecksville (east side of BH) and North Royalton (west side of BH) are good school districts. Another 10 min south on 77 and you are in the Fairlawn/Copley School district - also a great schools with many amenities. I would rate Brecksville at the top of these school district options but...the rest are right there, and perhaps more diverse. There are some VERY strong private schools on the east side as well. AT I77 and I480 you are 15 min from downtown and many nice restaurants and activities. Please let me know what else you are curious about. My family and I are.considering a move to florida and greatly appreciate advice.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:39 PM

Thanks for your help! We actually put an offer in on a house in Richfield. It's about 35 mins from Chagrin, 25 from Parma, and the Revere district is rated well so I hope it is a good choice!!

Old 08-15-2013, 08:40 PM

Good luck with your move to Florida!

Old 08-15-2013, 08:43 PM

And thanks Petraman for the advice. I have a feeling we are going to be young compared to our neighbors in Richfield as well, but it's about 15 minutes from Summit mall and 10 from Macedonia, so I hope it's an okay choice!

Old 10-15-2013, 12:43 AM

10 posts, read 15,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie127 View Post
Looking for our first home!
My husband has just been offered a job in Chagrin Falls and I currently work in Parma. We are in our mid-twenties and would like to find a place where we could start a family. Independence is a great town, but the houses that are available (from what we can tell) are pretty dated and/or don't have the open concept that we like. Sagamore Hills has been suggested but we don't know much about it. Any experience with this area? We would like a decent sized yard (nothing crazy, maybe half an acre), and while a walkable downtown area would be lovely, it isn't a must.
Any help would be appreciated! We are native west-siders, so this is a foreign land to us
Did you find your first home, yet? If you already work in Parma and would like to find a nice starter home, Parma has plenty of nice options. Sidewalks everywhere, 36,000 housing units with around 300-500 up for sale at any given time. The Ukrainian Village and Polish Village areas have nice walkable downtowns with a nearby mix of older and some newer homes. There's also the Parmatown Mall area which is being redeveloped as the Shoppes at Parma - a pedestrian-friendly town center shopping experience that is supposedly going to be a mix between Crocker Park and Westgate. Parma Heights is also nice, has more trees, and has housing options that offer close proximity to the new Shoppes at Parma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland