Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2008, 06:53 AM

2 posts, read 8,299 times

Advertisements

I am starting a new job in Public Square and I need to find an apartment.
Does anyone know of studio apartments within a couple miles from there.
Also, is 1900 Euclid Ave (across from Cleveland State) in a safe area?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 07:03 AM

6 posts, read 31,927 times
I did not hear good things about 1900 Euclid. I heard the place is kinda run-down and had bad management. The BEST place to live in downtown right now is Reserve Square Apartments. You can rent a studio for around 650 or so (that is the last time I looked) and it is as safe as it can get in the downtown area. The building has 4 security staff on site 24/7 and they monitor in the interior and exterior all the time. The building also has a supermarket on the first floor, so no need to leave your apartment complex for grocery shopping in the winter (trust me you will love this feature). Yes the supermarket is pricier than the regular Marc's or Giant Eagle, but it is convenient. There is also a dry cleaner on site. Big Gym, Indoor Pool, Restaurents and Cafe on site. Huge Parking (4 levels of parking) (covered) ($85 a month).

Another place to look into is Statler Arms which is right up the street on Euclid. I have friends who live there and have good things to say about it. It might be a few bucks cheaper than Reserve Square but no where the same resources.

Chesterfield Apartments are next door to Reserve Sq. and are a tad bit cheaper too.. but they have a boxy look that I don't like too much. But if budget is the issue, you might want to look here.

Hmm.. I know there are a couple of places on West 6th and 9th but I can't recall the names immediatly. But if you want to stay close to work, have all the resources at your door step and feel secure and safe (relatively speaking).. RSQ is the way to go..

Ask away if you have any more questions..

Old 01-10-2008, 08:05 AM

2 posts, read 8,299 times
Do you know anything about Crittenden Court Apartments on West Saint Claire Ave?? My budget is not more than $550 with utilities. Crittenden is $450 without utilities so that is within budget.
I appreciate your help.
Thanks

Old 01-10-2008, 09:24 AM

I haven't heard much about that place, though I am not sure what the security situation is.. I know you are trying to stay within a budget, but please make sure you understand that downtown is rough place if you are not careful about where you live. Chesterfield starts at 600 or so.. and it is pretty safe, and right next to the bus line. If you can strech a little bit, you might be able to find yourself happier sleeping at night moving into chesterfield..

Old 01-10-2008, 09:28 AM

Also.. check out Apartment Ratings - Apartments for Rent with Ratings and Reviews from Actual Renters
I just checked Crittenden Court ratings and they are not too high.. but take these ratings with a grain of salt.. since very often, the only people who are motivated to write are people who are dissatisfied with their experience.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:45 AM

181 posts, read 838,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickG View Post
My budget is not more than $550 with utilities. Crittenden is $450 without utilities so that is within budget.
That is putting yourself in sort of a sticky situation. Living downtown you're going to find that you definitely get what you pay for. I would be very careful with any "cheap" apartments downtown - visit them yourself, ask a lot of questions, talk to residents, and make sure its a place you want to live before you sign the lease.

If I could live downtown I'd definitely pick a loft on West 6th or West 9th - but I'm pretty sure those are all way out of your budget.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:23 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,287,370 times
You may also want to look into Little Italy, Lakewood, or Shaker Square for the price range you are in. There are train rapid lines that go right into Public Squre from those locations.

I've seen the 1900 Euclid, and they are surprising better than I expected--high ceilings, old marble, built-in fire place, free tanning and a workout room. The property is included in the master plan of Cleveland State College Town, which they've already built a Barnes and Noble next door and have foundation work for the next building--basically meaning, it may be a decent demographic of college kids in the building. I sent you a PM.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:28 AM

2 posts, read 7,374 times
Think anywhere in the Warehouse district!!!

Contact the Downtown Cleveland Alliance with any questions or visit their website

<Downtown Cleveland Alliance>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland