Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 11:40 AM

8 posts, read 32,008 times

Advertisements

We a mid 40's professional couple, no kids, that recently moved to Cleveland.
Husband is in manufacturing. Wife not employed here yet.
We have lived overseas, New England, outside of NYC. Originally grew up in more rural areas. Like sports, yet like music more, like travel, books, cooking,etc
What are some of the weekend activities that you all enjoy?
Thx!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 02:16 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,001,815 times
staring out the window at the blizzard and wishing i was somewhere warm.
opening the gas bill, shaking my head, and wondering how it is possible to get a $500 bill in a 1300sf house set at 68 degrees

Old 03-07-2008, 03:14 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,515,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthesier View Post
We a mid 40's professional couple, no kids, that recently moved to Cleveland.
Husband is in manufacturing. Wife not employed here yet.
We have lived overseas, New England, outside of NYC. Originally grew up in more rural areas. Like sports, yet like music more, like travel, books, cooking,etc
What are some of the weekend activities that you all enjoy?
Thx!!
Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, Art Museum, History Musuem, Crocker Park, Beachwood Mall, tobaggen (spelling?) run in Strongsville, Root Candle in Medina, ice skating, skiing, taking a drive through amish country.

When it's practical, which it is most weekends though not this one, walking in the metroparks.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:07 PM

Thank you! Where to ice skate? We will research the parks and museums.
I have heard that there is quite a bit of music at the universities as well as in general. We have enjoyed something at place in Cleveland Heights. Do you have any other venues to recommend? special events?
:> )

Old 03-07-2008, 07:43 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,340,415 times
The Cleveland Internation Film Festival Cleveland Film Society :: Cleveland International Film Festival :: March 6-16, 2008 this week is a must The best event of the winter. Also the Orchestra The Cleveland Orchestra , A Cavs game THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS, Tremont Art Walk Tremont Art Walk help take the winter blues away.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:40 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,515,012 times
Second the film festival.

It's a blast to watch LeBron James play bball.

There is a rink in Strongsville off of Royalton Rd, Winterhurst in Lakewood & North Olmsted Rec has a rink. I'm not an eastsider, so I don't know about any on that side.

NASA & Great Lakes Science Center are worth a one time visit.

As for this weekend, I think you may be watching a lot of tv or reading.

The Cleveland Metroparks & Cuyahoga National Valley are really great when the weather becomes more favorable.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:50 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,001,815 times
if you are on the east side, you can ice skate at gilmour academy in gates mills

Old 03-07-2008, 11:51 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,927,090 times
When I was a little kid I used to play outside in the snow and go sledding if the snow ever stayed on the ground long enough. Now I pretty much stay inside and watch some sports. I go out for walks every once in a while but I dont really like the cold. I usually stay mostly indoors from December-March, then for the other 8 months Im outside for most of the time.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:22 PM

Default Great ideas! thanks!

I have been a bit offline 2ndary to moving into a house. Now up & running again.
We planned to do the film festival yet missed it. :> (
We have the NASA & Great Lakes Science center, Cleveland Orchestra & the sports on a schedule
Some other questions.
Where is Crocker Park? Also ? Root Candle in Medina?/
And what route to take to go on a drive thru Amish country?

We have in-laws coming April 5th from Iowa and then more family with 3 girls (10-16) coming the end of June. The metro parks are great. We have been meandering thru some of them. Took a walk in the snow thru one of them....

I have really appreciated your ideas!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:12 AM

570 posts, read 1,820,688 times
Crocker Park is in the suburb of Westlake west of Cleveland off of I-90. You get off at exit 156 I believe. For touring the Amish Country, you can go to amishtoursofohio .com and the site can help you with lodging, itenerary planning, attraction, meals, etc. The amish country is spread out I think so it depends on where you are going. For example, there are attractions in Millersburg, oh, Walnut Creek, Berlin, Fredricksburg, and so on. Check out the website, hopefully it can give you an idea of what you would like to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland