Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2019, 06:48 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,374,540 times

Advertisements

I found these pictures on urban Ohio. It’s a before picture of the parking lot of the new 34 story lumen apartment building at Playhouse Square. The second picture shows the same spot with the current building progress.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7vCWZiW...name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7vCWZgW...name=4096x4096
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 07:56 AM

A view looking east from Euclid ave and E12th of the Lumen site/playhouse square

https://forum.urbanohio.com/uploads/...eb9d8e2b5.jpeg

Old 06-09-2019, 01:28 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,042,314 times
An awesome trail network just getting better.
https://www.cleveland.com/arts/2019/...st-divide.html
Need to keep acquiring the land and building the parks. Low real estate costs, zero-growth population, and long term funding at high levels make this all possible.

Old 06-15-2019, 05:46 AM

https://www.crainscleveland.com/youn...-should-be-too

Old 06-16-2019, 02:33 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,042,314 times
https://www.bioenterprise.com/2018-m...apital-report/
"MINNEAPOLIS, CHICAGO AND CLEVELAND LEAD THE PACK IN INVESTMENT, WHILE THE NUMBER OF MIDWEST COMPANIES RECEIVING FUNDING INCREASES 20%"

Healthcare in Cleveland is quite good actually.

Old 06-21-2019, 07:51 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cle...outputType=amp

Old 06-21-2019, 10:24 AM

The picture I found on urban Ohio. Progress last night on the lumen apartment tower at Playhouse square.They are about to jump the crane also.

https://forum.urbanohio.com/uploads/...d67b3f3de4.jpg

Old 06-23-2019, 09:29 AM

4,530 posts, read 5,098,565 times
Strolling through the length of downtown, yesterday, as we headed down to the Flats for the 50th anniversary of the Cuyahoga River burning (our friends traveled over to the Whiskey Island concerts; we didn't), I couldn't help but (really) notice, at street level, the horrible pockmarks of surface parking lots marring our otherwise gorgeous downtown over and over again. This of course isn't news, but we were just reminded of it up close & personal...

... which brings me to the latest debacle: the huge, once hopeful NuCLEus residential/office towers are now in jeopardy even though the Planning Commission was set to grant its blessing and financing seemed to be in place -- at least we thought. Apparently the City is balking at extending Bob Stark the final $12M loan so long as Stark's related companies refuse to pay construction workers Union scale... neither side is budging.

As much as I really yearn for this potentially awesome, game-changing, sexy project right in the heart of the downtown action, I say: good for City Council!! If they are forking over $12M in taxpayer funds -- and I understand this is more grant than loan -- they absolutely should demand these developers pay union scale. Also from what I understand Stark really isn't as flush with cash as we once thought (apparently even flying coach on commercial flights), and has a very small equity share in this project, as he did, apparently in the soon-to-open Beacon Apt high-rise a block away on Euclid. Nevertheless Stark is calling the shots. I sure hope he can come up with the money or, at least, something creative can be done in terms of phasing in the development and financing. But I certainly hope the City does NOT budge on its stance, which is absolutely the correct one imho.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:42 AM

37,131 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
Strolling through the length of downtown, yesterday, as we headed down to the Flats for the 50th anniversary of the Cuyahoga River burning (our friends traveled over to the Whiskey Island concerts; we didn't), I couldn't help but (really) notice, at street level, the horrible pockmarks of surface parking lots marring our otherwise gorgeous downtown over and over again. This of course isn't news, but we were just reminded of it up close & personal...
Yea, the downtown parking lots are especially egregious. I think there are three contiguous lots that are particularly bad with the open lot right off Public Square and the two larger lots west of that. Public Square should be a great focal point for the city and having an open lot at one end doesn't really make sense. It also doesn't make sense that these are all so close to the main rail transition station all the RTA lines serve.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:12 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post

... which brings me to the latest debacle: the huge, once hopeful NuCLEus residential/office towers are now in jeopardy even though the Planning Commission was set to grant its blessing and financing seemed to be in place -- at least we thought. Apparently the City is balking at extending Bob Stark the final $12M loan so long as Stark's related companies refuse to pay construction workers Union scale... neither side is budging.

As much as I really yearn for this potentially awesome, game-changing, sexy project right in the heart of the downtown action, I say: good for City Council!! If they are forking over $12M in taxpayer funds -- and I understand this is more grant than loan -- they absolutely should demand these developers pay union scale. Also from what I understand Stark really isn't as flush with cash as we once thought (apparently even flying coach on commercial flights), and has a very small equity share in this project, as he did, apparently in the soon-to-open Beacon Apt high-rise a block away on Euclid. Nevertheless Stark is calling the shots. I sure hope he can come up with the money or, at least, something creative can be done in terms of phasing in the development and financing. But I certainly hope the City does NOT budge on its stance, which is absolutely the correct one imho.
Stark never follows through on these big ideas...I remember about 2006 or so that he had a really big idea to transform the Warehouse District and never followed through on it.
That said I agree if the city gives any money at all to this, then they must force them to pay prevailing union wages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland