Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 08:04 AM

73 posts, read 72,972 times

Advertisements

I hope they throw the book at them! Story below

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-sibl...174846121.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2022, 08:37 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,450,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulvaterry View Post
I hope they throw the book at them! Story below

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-sibl...174846121.html

<<
"It's not the crime of the century," Jones told the police, the Times reported.
Both Jones and Hoffman have said they don't believe they should face charges.
"This is so ridiculous that they're doing this," Jones said in an interview with Cleveland.com. "This is insane. There was no ill intent.">>

This individual sounds like Donald Trump. I would like to know if he is a Trump supporter. Apparently, one of the siblings who felled and sold the tree still claims that the tree was on his family's property.

<<Hoffman, in remarks to Cleveland.com, said, "It’s ours. I just don’t understand any of this.">>

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...tree-rcna12271

Claiming it was on your property won't fly with a jury. Most homeowners are extremely knowledgeable about their property lines. Additionally, any law-minded individual would verify property lines and ownership before risking felling a valuable tree on parkland.

Why isn't the logging company hired to remove the tree also being charged?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/13/u...s-charged.html

Old 01-16-2022, 09:38 AM

20,346 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
<<
This individual sounds like Donald Trump. I would like to know if he is a Trump supporter. Apparently, one of the siblings who felled and sold the tree still claims that the tree was on his family's property......
You might be onto something. It was a black walnut tree. More white supremacist domestic terrorism?

Keep an eye out.

Old 01-16-2022, 09:45 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,450,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
You might be onto something. It was a black walnut tree. More white supremacist domestic terrorism?

Keep an eye out.

Funny. My point is that like Trump the person who allegedly stole a tree from the Cleveland Metroparks continues to deny a point of fact, that the tree was located on Metroparks property.

Old 01-16-2022, 11:47 AM

Im a Trump supporter and I drive a Toyota Prius.
Just so you know, most Trump supporters are NORMIE MODERATES and have Lots in common with Biden supporters that are NORMIE MODERATES.

Old 01-16-2022, 05:10 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,044,615 times
Its unfortunate, the tree getting cut down, and then how politics has become a cancer that infiltrates practically all public discourse.

Anyway, I am a huge tree lover. Over the decades I've been hiking in NEO, I have collected nuts along the way and planted them in my yard over the years. I am glad to say I have many 20+ year old trees all over my yard that I myself scavenged the nuts and planted. Its been fun. I've planted and grown: Cottonwood, Red Oak, White Oak, Tuliptree, Pin Oak, Burr Oak, Ohio Buckeye, Chestnut Oak, White Ash, Black Oak, Sugar Maple, Black Cherry, Mockernut Hickory. I've tried Black Walnut several times and have just been unsuccessful, even though I have a mature tree in my backyard.

Anyway, screw politics. Plant a tree.

Old 01-16-2022, 05:41 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,497,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 216facts View Post
Its unfortunate, the tree getting cut down, and then how politics has become a cancer that infiltrates practically all public discourse.

Anyway, I am a huge tree lover. Over the decades I've been hiking in NEO, I have collected nuts along the way and planted them in my yard over the years. I am glad to say I have many 20+ year old trees all over my yard that I myself scavenged the nuts and planted. Its been fun. I've planted and grown: Cottonwood, Red Oak, White Oak, Tuliptree, Pin Oak, Burr Oak, Ohio Buckeye, Chestnut Oak, White Ash, Black Oak, Sugar Maple, Black Cherry, Mockernut Hickory. I've tried Black Walnut several times and have just been unsuccessful, even though I have a mature tree in my backyard.

Anyway, screw politics. Plant a tree.
I've never actually tried to plant a black walnut, but there are plenty of volunteers throughout the neighborhood. Maybe you just have to not try to plant one, to get one to grow?

And yes, can we stop making everything political?

Old 01-17-2022, 03:31 AM

Yes, my initial post was about the trees. Then someone brought Trump into it.
So, I went ahead and posted about how I'm a tree-hugger but I also vote Donald Trump. And, I drive a Toyota Prius. I know lots of tree-huggers that love nature and vote Trump. I had to remind that poster, that moderates are all around us.

Anyway, Thanks for planting all those trees. I do the same thing and have grown lots of white pines, hemlocks, and red oaks.

Old 01-17-2022, 04:57 AM

20,346 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Funny. My point is that like Trump the person who allegedly stole a tree from the Cleveland Metroparks continues to deny a point of fact, that the tree was located on Metroparks property.
I just got a kick out of you bringing Trump into this story right out of nowhere.

Anyway, if they're found guilty they should pay the price.

Old 01-17-2022, 11:03 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,583,192 times
It seems pretty straight forward. They're guilty, and if wages, assets, or other entitlements need to be garnished, so be it.

Why someone brought up Trump is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland