Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2009, 04:45 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times

Advertisements

If this thread continues to become personal, I will close it down.

Please discuss issues, not each other...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 07:10 PM

980 posts, read 1,146,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
Chef Boyardee - you are posting stuff that is quite known by most people. MOD CUT Like I said, crime is a direct result of socio-economic problems. It's the same reason why Russia is much more violent, without being black("The Color of Crime" author would roll in his grave)... Or why the Philippines have a homicide rate 4 times that of the USA, without having practically ANY black people. My advice would be to get your elementary thesises out of here and do some REAL research on your own. MOD CUT I would be surprised to see how you would have been raised if you had been in Scotland your entire life. A country that is plagued by violent crime committed by none other then....... WHITES!
I live in America.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:10 PM

498 posts, read 1,507,710 times
very few people on the ohio boards want to discuss issues unless it inflates their ego.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:15 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
From what I have read here, the entire point of this thread is to have a running record of the violent acts committed in Cleveland, Ohio.

However, I would also like to note that after reading the comments on this entire thread, certain posters wish to make a correlation between the violent acts committed BY AN INDIVIDUAL with their "race". These people attempt to justify their elementary logic with statistics, news clippings, radio show excerpts and other baseless data which would never stand up to scrutiny in an accredited college or university in this nation, in order to support their very narrowminded and unenlightened position about this subject.

People who wish to use "race" as a means to justify the violent nature of a group of people while ignoring scholarly information which proves a direct link between violent behavior and socio-economic background are suffering from a lack of higher education, lack of knowledge about the world, and scarce intellectual capacity to comprehend a reality outside of their own backyard.

Cleveland, Ohio is the land of my birth, and I have pride to tell anyone where I come from who may ask me, I still have family who reside in Cuyahoga County, and I have fond memories of growing up there, I cannot tell you how happy I am that I left Cleveland 25 years ago for brighter pastures. I can see so clearly from reading the posts on this thread why I could never return to that grey old narrowminded town - except if it were for a 3 hour flight layover at Hopkins on my way somewhere else.

Quite frankly I would like to see a topic in this city thread that actually discusses REAL ways to improve the city of Cleveland instead of bringing up the negative aspect of violent crime to say that a "certain" group of people are ruining it for everyone and make it unsafe to live there.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 03-04-2009 at 02:50 PM..

Old 03-04-2009, 03:01 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,922,658 times
^^^

I agree with most of your post except one part.

I dont understand why you would judge a whole city on what 1 persons views are on an online forum (of all places). This person might not even live in the area, and he definitely doesnt represent the common views of the Cleveland area in the least.
Cleveland is not a "gray old narrowminded town". If you search the Cleveland forum you will find many threads whos topics are about improving Cleveland.

You need to do some more research. I created this thread to keep track of crimes that happened in Northeast Ohio, murders specifically. We have been lied to many times about this. If Cleveland is ever going to become a great city they have to get rid of all the lies and corruption that have been plaguing this city for decades. Everybodys always talking about reducing crime in the streets and they ignore the crimes that go on right in our government offices and departments.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:43 PM

Well, despite all the posturing and sensitivity on the issue that we see in the media and government schools, the statistics appear to tell a simple story: Blacks are very prone to crime. If we ignore the problem, it will not go away. That is hopeless. If we admit the problem, then we can create some real hope for change.

Remember, this isn't about exterminating Black people or sending them all back to Africa. It is about admitting that this race of people exist and they present real problems, that can be solved, but not if we ignore them and pretend they don't exist and aren't going to prison in extremely high rates. Remember, large populations of Blacks do not have to = High Crime. We can change it, but not if we ignore it.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Boyardee View Post
Well, despite all the posturing and sensitivity on the issue that we see in the media and government schools, the statistics appear to tell a simple story: Blacks are very prone to crime. If we ignore the problem, it will not go away. That is hopeless. If we admit the problem, then we can create some real hope for change.

Remember, this isn't about exterminating Black people or sending them all back to Africa. It is about admitting that this race of people exist and they present real problems, that can be solved, but not if we ignore them and pretend they don't exist and aren't going to prison in extremely high rates. Remember, large populations of Blacks do not have to = High Crime. We can change it, but not if we ignore it.
You seem to be insinuating from what I typed above that I am suggesting from what you typed that you want to exterminate blacks, send them "back" to Africa, or any other ridiculous racist statement.

What I said was, do not use the concept of "race" in order to group a collection of people with the same skin color in common as being prone to violence, or violent by nature or design.

The simple baseline fact of the matter is, where you have people who grow up in an environment that is desensitized to violence, you produce people with violent, anti-social behavior and "race" or skin color has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Period.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:34 PM

Default How's that working for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
You seem to be insinuating from what I typed above that I am suggesting from what you typed that you want to exterminate blacks, send them "back" to Africa, or any other ridiculous racist statement.

What I said was, do not use the concept of "race" in order to group a collection of people with the same skin color in common as being prone to violence, or violent by nature or design.

The simple baseline fact of the matter is, where you have people who grow up in an environment that is desensitized to violence, you produce people with violent, anti-social behavior and "race" or skin color has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Period.
I think we have tried to take that position and it has been a miserable and extremely costly (particularly, in human life) failure.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
^^^

I agree with most of your post except one part.

I dont understand why you would judge a whole city on what 1 persons views are on an online forum (of all places). This person might not even live in the area, and he definitely doesnt represent the common views of the Cleveland area in the least.
Cleveland is not a "gray old narrowminded town". If you search the Cleveland forum you will find many threads whos topics are about improving Cleveland.

You need to do some more research. I created this thread to keep track of crimes that happened in Northeast Ohio, murders specifically. We have been lied to many times about this. If Cleveland is ever going to become a great city they have to get rid of all the lies and corruption that have been plaguing this city for decades. Everybodys always talking about reducing crime in the streets and they ignore the crimes that go on right in our government offices and departments.
First of all I grew up in Cleveland I know what Cleveland is about.

Second, when I visited Cleveland in 2000 the mentality had not changed and when I returned in 2005 people still had the same negative narrowminded mentality I remembered when I lived there. I'm talking about people I met and know in general and random people I'd talk to while visiting. And while certain posters on this message board may not accurately reflect the mentality of the average Clevelander, what they say is typical of the mentality I had been surrounded by in the past and chose to erase myself from 25 years ago when I moved to Los Angeles.

You state that you started this thread to keep track of violent crimes around Cleveland. I also noted that violent crime in Cleveland was the topic of this thread in my previous post which you are responding to.

However, when you say "Everybodys always talking about reducing crime in the streets and they ignore the crimes that go on right in our government offices and departments" this thread isn't about any of that, nobody is talking about ways to reduce anything, just finger pointing from a few mouth pieces who would sooner stay in their own backyard and dictate from a soapbox about how "certain ethnicities" of people are more prone to violence, without looking beyond the tip of their nose into the world around them. (That is the epitome of the narrowmindedness I am talking about).

And yes crime and corruption in the government is rampant, and people do overlook that quite blindly in fact. If citizens would use their authority and band together and recall the lazy corrupt politicans, and also stop voting for incumbents, many of our cities would be in a different position today. Cleveland and Los Angeles included.

You tell me I need to do some research. Research on what specifically?

I have already been a participant in a campaign to recall a useless politician. The state of California is gearing up to do it again.

What have you done lately?

Old 03-04-2009, 10:10 PM

436 posts, read 874,204 times
I had been living in Memphis, TN and Birmingham, AL. I got to tell you that most of the homocide committed over there (95%) were black to black, not black to white. There is a huge difference here in Cleveland here. I don't know why. But in the deep south, churchs play important role to set the basal level of mentality standard on what should minimally be done and what should maximally be done. What happen today in Cleveland is 50 some catholic church will be closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland