Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 08:55 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,633,893 times

Advertisements

Ok, I think I get it now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 10:47 PM

980 posts, read 1,147,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
I'm not really into politics, but doesn't this make you an anarchist, Chef?
Nope. Remember, it isn't all or nothing.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:32 AM

5,510 posts, read 9,494,989 times
So, maybe Cleveland and surrounding communities should be broken up into "villages" of about 10k people each? That way, instead of one big city government, Cleveland would be turned into about 40 smaller governments.

All of that duplication of services would create more jobs, I suppose. (at the taxpayer's expense)

Old 05-05-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
So, maybe Cleveland and surrounding communities should be broken up into "villages" of about 10k people each? That way, instead of one big city government, Cleveland would be turned into about 40 smaller governments.

All of that duplication of services would create more jobs, I suppose. (at the taxpayer's expense)
Excuse me, but this whole duplication of services argument seems like it is mostly bologna.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:08 AM

5,510 posts, read 9,494,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Boyardee View Post
Excuse me, but this whole duplication of services argument seems like it is mostly bologna.
Would you care to elaborate?

1 mayor for 400,000+ is much more efficient than 3 trustees per village, for example. (120 total trustees)

Old 05-07-2009, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Would you care to elaborate?

1 mayor for 400,000+ is much more efficient than 3 trustees per village, for example. (120 total trustees)
Why not have one mayor for The Whole World; wouldn't that be more efficient? I don't think so. As a matter of fact, I think it would be a disaster.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:29 AM

405 posts, read 1,214,334 times
Apparently you are unable to comprehend my previous discussion involving what constitutes a local economy. The Cleveland region is a local economy. Not Strongsville. Not the world. Discuss the issue. Stop trying to be funny (and failing).

Old 05-07-2009, 12:43 PM

54 posts, read 264,618 times
Whatever opinions are, the current status of Cleveland is obviously NOT working and hardly benefitting anyone. If people in the region continue to turn their backs on Cleveland you'll see how jobs will continue to leave the city of Cleveland and then your region. It's a ripple effect.

Clevelands suburbs exist because of Cleveland. Let Cleveland fail completely and you will see how more people will flee the city and move to the suburbs where you are and you in turn will either stay put and live next to the usual inner city poor or move futher out to get away from the people who apparently are the "majority" of people in Cleveland.
Think they can't afford to live in your area? They will once your property values decrease when other people start to bail and vacant homes saturate the market. Just as it happend in Cleveland decades ago. No where to run to this time except a new city somewhere else.

If someone can name one city-county merger that has FAILED and been the determent of that city please list it because I know of none at this moment.

City-County mergers can only benefit people.
If people are so worried about police coverage and schooling there are ways to desiginate former suburbs as borughs and keep control local just as New York City does. NYPD is NYPD a cop in Queens is a cop in Queens though they are still NYPD they're are still gonna patrol Queens.
Also the higher the number in population a city has the more funding will be allocated to that city/region for civil services by federal government. What region coulndn't use more money to IMPROVE the quality of life for its residents?

Something I found online from the Plain Dealer. Though it's from 2004 it lists a number of options for the Cleveland region.
I of course like option 1

cleveland.com: A Region Uniting?

Old 05-07-2009, 08:05 PM

Fanatics always ignore the facts.

Cleveland Schools Suck and so does The Police Force. Lots of Suburban schools and police forces do not suck. Remember, sucking is a matter of degrees.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:14 PM

Lightbulb These People Do Not Want To Live Together

Look at the demographics. The massive and pathetic failure of so called "desegregation" is apparent! Blacks get Cleveland, Whites BUILD THE SUBURBS TO REPLACE WHAT THEY WERE "ETHNICALLY CLEANSED" FROM.

So, now what do the sons of baskets want?

As if that isn't enough, look at the dramatic difference in priorities between rural, suburban and urban towns. Moreover, look at the stark contrasts between Eastern Suburbs and Western Suburbs. It doesn't take a genius to figure out, these different people have different priorities (duh)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland