Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 10:05 AM

155 posts, read 460,805 times

Advertisements

I think Lakewood would be great, even Ohio City. My brother lived in OC and commuted to the south (Twinsburg), so for going to Brecksville, you'd be going against traffic. And to Univ. Circle, you could jump on 90 E and get off at MLK, again for the most part, against traffic. Although MLK can be fairly slow during rush hour.
I say either way, rent to start. Ohio City can be a bit rougher than Lakewood, depending on the street.
(I used to commute to Brecksville from University Hts, and it wasnt too bad, 1/2 hour or so to Miller Road exit, so I wouldnt rule out the Heights just because of Brecksville)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 11:22 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,300,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delia575 View Post
How rough would it be to live in Lakewood? Would the commute to Wade Park be terrible? Are there parts of Downtown that are recommended over others and are they affordable? What can you tell me about Ohio City?
Lakewood would be decently far...especially driving through/around Downtown during rush hour. It has some cheap rents and cool spots though!

Downtown overall ranges from about $650-$1200 for one bedroom apts. Add about $80 a month for parking as well.

Ohio City has some true gems of old victorian homes, if that's your kinda of thing. Generally, the apartments are houses carved in two instead of big apt buildings. I would say the best areas are right by the Great Lakes Brewing Company /Westside Market...and the area around where Johnny Mango's is located.

EDIT: if you're looking at buying in these areas, still pretty similar responses. Downtown would run $300,000 - $1 mil + for property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland