Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2010, 03:49 PM

420 posts, read 1,042,311 times

Advertisements

She was not to happy with me and my crew of land surveyors , surveying the adjacent parcels of land next to her , so yes I did talk to her once , Stating we would not need to go on her land, made her calm down
she was really a nice person . She made a name for herself , not wanting
to sell to any developer , I kind of wished some leaders out there would
have shown her some land , In Painsville Twp. ect. to move her little
Sheep Farm to , Instead of the Court Proceeding , always the same , "but
lady this is 19?? ", this area is now a city not part of a township . I
do not remember the year I was there but I think mid 1990's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euclidbuck View Post
Its greater Cleveland but does anyone remember the Sheep Lady on Euclid Avenue in Willoughby or maybe it was Wickliffe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 09:40 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euclidbuck View Post
Its greater Cleveland but does anyone remember the Sheep Lady on Euclid Avenue in Willoughby or maybe it was Wickliffe?
When I was 3-4 we lived in the trailer court on Euclid just down from her. She was in Willoughby.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:59 PM

8 posts, read 30,045 times
Here's lind of an obscure one, but the name might ring a bell....it did with me.

Robert Manry and Tinkerbelle---He was a copywriter for the Plain Dealer who sailed his boat "Tinkerbelle" across the Atlantic in 1965 and wrote a book about it.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 4,266 times
Does anyone have a picture of the Penny Arcade at Euclid Beach?

Old 09-07-2010, 10:17 AM

2 posts, read 4,266 times
Euclid Beach memories, Lucconi's on Euclid Ave., riding the streetcar downtown from Cleveland Heights, I lived there in the 30s and 40s.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:42 AM

420 posts, read 1,042,311 times
Default Penny Arcade

thanks for that memory , Fun Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxgoldie View Post
Does anyone have a picture of the Penny Arcade at Euclid Beach?

Old 09-07-2010, 02:48 PM

102 posts, read 198,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxgoldie View Post
Euclid Beach memories, Lucconi's on Euclid Ave., riding the streetcar downtown from Cleveland Heights, I lived there in the 30s and 40s.

How much different was it back then? I mean, just going from neighborhood to neighborhood....It must have looked like a bustling city, crowded streets, different ethnic enclaves, shops on every corner, low vacancy rate.

I wish I could go back in time and visit the city.

Unfortunately I only know the city circa 1981, and really only took recognition in the late 80s earlly 90s. And by then it was only slightly better than it is today.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:06 PM

708 posts, read 1,815,529 times
classic classic classic.......

Old 09-10-2010, 03:52 PM

21 posts, read 69,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbetterinmentor View Post
Arabica Coffeehouses....so SOULFUL! There was the one in the Arcade downtown (The Ara-BIC-a), one in Shaker Heights (The Ara-CHIC-a) and one in Coventry (The Ara-FREAK-a, or "The 'bic)...but I remember the marathon games of GO, the Earl Grey tea mixed with Lavendar (I make that now...I lb. Earl Grey tes, I c. lavendar flowers....makes great gifts!)....and don't forget the INCOMPARABLE croissants...I have a friend out here who BAKED those for the 'bic...made from scratch!
Wasn't there eventually an Arabica at University Circle, and thus named the Ara-GEEK-a?

Old 09-14-2010, 11:25 PM

8 posts, read 30,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Blonde View Post
Wasn't there eventually an Arabica at University Circle, and thus named the Ara-GEEK-a?
Yes, there WAS! And like Goldilocks in the Little Bear's bed...IT'S there STILL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland