Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2010, 07:25 PM

730 posts, read 1,315,063 times

Advertisements

OK, I've been reading, a lot, about the traffic issues, high utilities, swampy land being built on, and some crime in the area directly south or southwest of Wilmington (specifically Leland), so now I'm thinking maybe slightly north of Wilmington (Ogden and Hampstead) might be a better choice for a couple of retirees (yes, I know, geezers) who are looking for a quality of life that doesn't include horrific traffic and all that goes with an area that has seen huge development in the last 10 years. Any info on some really nice condo developments in the $150K-$250K range (with golf course would be a plus) in that area of the state, specifically names of condo developments that we could request info from a web site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 05:43 AM

730 posts, read 1,315,063 times
No need for anyone to respond to this post; I should have checked before I posted, but I've found lots of good information about Ogden and Hampstead. Sorry!

Old 08-11-2013, 02:47 PM

3 posts, read 6,976 times
I want to know how to get anyone to answer my questions help trying to move to north Carolina, i'm a southern girl from Fla, been living up north for some time want a big change need the ocean, southern hospitality, please any city's anyone can shed some light on, not to crowded hopefully bringing my 14 yr old granddaughter with me just want to give her a nice southern up bringing and ocean air please anyone help

Old 08-11-2013, 04:10 PM

8 posts, read 12,210 times
Sadie, you may want to start your own thread instead of replying to old ones. I'd bet you'll get more answers that way.

Give some details about what you're looking for, too, (housing, schools, proximity to water, amenities, etc.) so posters can give you useful answers.

Good luck :-)

Old 08-11-2013, 05:12 PM

13,374 posts, read 27,059,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHSMom View Post
Sadie, you may want to start your own thread instead of replying to old ones. I'd bet you'll get more answers that way.

Give some details about what you're looking for, too, (housing, schools, proximity to water, amenities, etc.) so posters can give you useful answers.

Good luck :-)
I agree. It is also helpful to tell us your job experience, so you get suggestions on where to look for work (unless you are retired).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina