Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:16 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,896,349 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure where exactly you live at litte dolphin, but if I call recall your post history correctly it's in one of the areas I listed as being more welcoming to outsiders. As far as Mr. Martin, I believe he lives right in one the areas that historically has not been as welcoming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 11:23 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
Well that OLF would've helped to ensure that additonal planes would be based in Eastern NC. And before anybody says since the majority of the econiic impact would be in Craven/Carteret county, the land was offered up, but rejected by the Navy for environmental reasons. Much of the open land in theose counties is part of the Croatan anyway. The plans to base Hornet Squadrons at Cherry Point was delayed (really scrapped) specualtively because of the absence of the OLF.
Super Hornets scheduled for Cherry Point delayed | point, cherry, squadrons - News - ENCToday (http://www.enctoday.com/news/point-62766-jdn-cherry-squadrons.html - broken link)
There has been talk about Oceana closing down all together and the Squadrons moving to Cherry Point, that may happen in a future BRAC. There will be additional planes coming to Cherry Pint as a result of replacing it's current fleet with the F-35. Though this is much different than previous proposal of moving actual Navy Squadrons to Cherry Point.
Navy prefers to base eight F-35 squadrons at Cherry Point | point, base, prefers - Local - Sun Journal (http://www.newbernsj.com/news/point-87777-base-prefers.html - broken link)
I can't see a full base being built in N. Eastern NC, b/c of the lack of infrastructure to support it. The biggest thing is that there are no major roads. The only feasible location would be somewhere along the US 64 corridor.
I can't see a new base being built, period. What is the most recent base built in the US? We are in the era of downsizing our bases, not building new ones. But I would love to see Oceana moved to ENC. To your first point, the new planes would either go to NC or VA. But I can see why people would be against it. They get all the negative without any positive.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:54 PM

1 posts, read 857 times
I am looking to move to plymouth or roper this summer and was wondering if anyone can please tell me where to look to find a place to rent. I have visited there alot lately and just don't know where to start looking.

Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina