Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 05:51 PM

19 posts, read 64,294 times

Advertisements

Is there reason for a sudden drop in housing prices around Calabash/ Sunset beach area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 06:11 PM

13,374 posts, read 27,049,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinciguy View Post
Is there reason for a sudden drop in housing prices around Calabash/ Sunset beach area?
Where did you get the statistic? What period does it cover? We need more information.

I could speculate that it's related to a few golf course closings or sales, but Carolina Shores has been closed for years.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:55 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,055,277 times
Quote:
I haven't seen a sudden drop in prices, I have watched a continuous drop over the past 6 years.
We've pretty much been in a DEEP recession. A lot of folks who were moving to the coast (or hoping to do so) have experienced financial setbacks and loss of perceived equity in their current homes. Many people bought property at the height of the market. Their property is not worth what they paid for it.

Goldenage1- Calabash Golf Links closed in '05 (I think). Carolina Shores is alive and maybe not so well but still operational. Love your posts btw, thank you

Old 07-06-2012, 01:57 AM

1,681 posts, read 6,030,928 times
Housing prices and sales have been pretty consistent since about 2008. Consistently poor. But-There are incidents of extremely good deals for the buyer. For example-First quarter in the Crystal Coast market saw approx. 25% of all home sales were short sales/foreclosures. To parallel that-approx. 25% of all sales were cash.
The market is not good for sellers. But for the buyer there are pockets of wow! But you have to be financially able to act quickly when these opportunities present themselves.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:48 AM

Default house or condo..

Thanks everyone for replying. My wife and I have been visiting area on and off and considering either becoming snow-birds or buying a small place. The question always is: condo with fees or small house. We tend to like idea of small house better since my wife does not like excessive noise coming from vacationers next door who happened staying late, partying after few rounds of golf.
The problems I see with owning house – who would keep eye on it while we gone and cut grass, etc.
Thanks again for answering.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Thanks everyone for replying. My wife and I have been visiting area on and off and considering either becoming snow-birds or buying a small place. The question always is: condo with fees or small house. We tend to like idea of small house better since my wife does not like excessive noise coming from vacationers next door who happened staying late, partying after few rounds of golf.
The problems I see with owning house – who would keep eye on it while we gone and cut grass, etc.
Thanks again for answering.
You could contract with a Landscape Co. to take care of the exterior. Something local like this- Home

And talk to a real estate management company to see if they would check in on it from time to time.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:12 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,104,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
You could contract with a Landscape Co. to take care of the exterior. Something local like this- Home
Any landscaping company worth hiring will use their own photos instead of stock photos downloaded from the Internet. Those pictures are the same pictures you see on 100's of other websites.

This company uses their own pictures: AM Lawn Service - Providing Lawn Care to Greenville, Winterville and Ayden NC

Old 08-06-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Any landscaping company worth hiring will use their own photos instead of stock photos downloaded from the Internet. Those pictures are the same pictures you see on 100's of other websites.

This company uses their own pictures: AM Lawn Service - Providing Lawn Care to Greenville, Winterville and Ayden NC
Not an endorsement......just an example!

Old 08-06-2012, 04:57 PM

Default Sunset Beach.

Thanks jersey and Richard. Last time we visit Calabash- the new bridge was not build yet, but we enjoyed a tranquility of that place, old bridge was fun, it reminded us older and simpler times. Sunset beach was always free of crowds. Did new bridge effected that area? Traffic? Crowd?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina