Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 05:07 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,100,090 times

Advertisements

Hey wrestlingterp, 10 years ago I was just like you. I was living the good life, never a care in the world, watching the TV news and reading the newspaper. I was buying everything they were giving me. And I still remember exactly where I was when I realized that what I was seeing was not adding up to what I knew at the time. Fundamental rules of accounting said that what I was seeing could not be happening. It was at that point that I started doing my own research.

The sad part is that I didn't just restrict my research to that one area of the economy. I'm human and I yearn for more knowledge. I kept going and I'm still going on a search for the truth even now. I'm to the point where I don't believe anything anymore. If I hear something and it doesn't make sense, then I research it. And in the huge majority of cases the truth is something else from what I'm hearing. I question the left and the right. One of the biggest mouths in the extreme right is Alex Jones. I honestly think he's a jackass. There is some truth in what he says but he is a major conspiracy theorist. I just can't buy into a lot of what he says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 08:33 AM

196 posts, read 575,732 times
You assume a lot. But then again DILLIGAD

Old 01-13-2013, 08:52 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,100,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingterp View Post
You assume a lot. But then again DILLIGAD
Typical response when faced with facts.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:57 PM

895 posts, read 2,095,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
MSM is Main Stream Media.

The Food Stamp data chart is for the nation. The data is lifted right from the USDA website. The specific chart is here: SNAP Current Participation - Persons

I am not a shill for anyone. I verify all of the facts before I post anything. The chart shows state by state and has the national total at the bottom. You'll probably be surprised to find out that the number of SNAP participants in Maryland is increasing. How is that possible in an economy that's supposed to be getting better? Shouldn't the numbers be going down?

If you want I can also post the labor force participation rate. It is a much better indicator than the fudged unemployment numbers that the government gives out. In a strengthening economy, the participation rate increases. In a weakening economy, it decreases. Guess which way it's going now.

Here it is, directly from the BLS.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

The truth about the economy is out there. Use your computer to do some research on your own, instead of relying on others to spoon feed you data that makes things look all nice and cheery.
Too bad that we are fed these fairy tales- and they come from both sides of the media. Charts like this show the truth about our declining job market, but are rarely seen. Also- few realize that some of the "employed" are folks that have traded good jobs in manufacturing and product development for full time but low paying service economy jobs. The US isn't what it used to be, but if you call a spade a spade, you are suddenly labeled a conspiracy theorist or a right wing wacko! Oh, well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina