Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 09:28 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,307,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrsealife View Post
Thank you for the insight. I am law-abiding but don't plan to live my life staying at home. Not saying I go to the bars. I don't, but "large chance" doesn't feel big enough for me.
Well, the other issue is what exactly you would "do" once you did leave the house!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 09:23 AM

1,681 posts, read 6,027,532 times
I read this thread and wonder what Morehead City some are talking about. I've called Morehead home for some 30 years now. We do not have a crime problem. Even with the bazillion tourist that visit here each year, crime is not an issue. Tourist aren't an issue either. Don't get me wrong-If you want to be in the midst of people you can be. But we have something like 50 miles of uninhabited beaches/islands and approx. 90 percent of the county left to woods and water. Crowding is not an issue. The county has had a 2-3 year supply of homes for sale since 2007!!! If we had a population problem then we would be like the Raleigh/Durham market that just has a 3-4 month supply of available inventory.
And on healthcare-Things have changed and are changing dramatically here. One example is the $53 Million expansion of Carteret General Hospital.
Expansion - Carteret General Hospital

Old 12-27-2013, 08:43 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by etraveler View Post
And last for now how far to the closest mountainand to the closest ski hill.
Get a map of NC. Morehead Cirty is on the OCEAN and the mountains are at the other end of the state--6 or 7 hours (and most hardcore skiiers here go outside of NC to VA or WV). NC is not a state such as Calif where you can have proximity to both mountains and beach, but it goes without saying that living AT the beach will by definition put you the farthest away from the mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina