Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 01:54 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by would like to know View Post
to: goldenage1 How do you know the construction is poorly built and that you can hear through the walls?
Welcome to the forum, however, you misread my my post. To paraphrase, I said I would be concerned that the place is poorly built. Anyone buying a place should certainly check the construction quality for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,096 times
I live on the mainland of Holden Beach and am familiar with the condos "Dolphin Shores." A new developer purchased this property and I understand currently does not have an outstanding loan. He has done much work in recent months, including finishing and opening the beautiful pool & clubhouse overlooking the ICWW. The clubhouse is nicely furnished and the boat docks are another great amenity. As for being poorly built and hearing through the walls ... I have been in all the available units and have talked to current residents and I can not agree with those statements. I have lived in a condo and I did not notice anything unusual. These buildings are only 3 stories with a parking deck beneath. They are not your classic "high-rise" condos that you find at Myrtle Beach (10+ stories) so I am sure some of the building codes/requirements differ from those types of buildings. The prices on this first building that was completed roughly 2007 have been reduced to help get them sold and enable the new developer to start on the next building (where units will be priced higher). The units in the only building now available have been vacant since built, and appear to be in very good condition, especially considering they have been vacant, which is not normally the case of other coastal homes vacant for that period of time (but a buyer should have a home inspection for their own protection). For 1700 sq ft, great floor plan, private bath in 2 bedrooms and shared bath for 3rd, wood floors, tile and granite counter-tops, beautiful pool, clubhouse and boat dock, this is a property worth considering.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:48 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,052,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBDolphin View Post
I live on the mainland of Holden Beach and am familiar with the condos "Dolphin Shores." A new developer purchased this property and I understand currently does not have an outstanding loan. He has done much work in recent months, including finishing and opening the beautiful pool & clubhouse overlooking the ICWW. The clubhouse is nicely furnished and the boat docks are another great amenity. As for being poorly built and hearing through the walls ... I have been in all the available units and have talked to current residents and I can not agree with those statements. I have lived in a condo and I did not notice anything unusual. These buildings are only 3 stories with a parking deck beneath. They are not your classic "high-rise" condos that you find at Myrtle Beach (10+ stories) so I am sure some of the building codes/requirements differ from those types of buildings. The prices on this first building that was completed roughly 2007 have been reduced to help get them sold and enable the new developer to start on the next building (where units will be priced higher). The units in the only building now available have been vacant since built, and appear to be in very good condition, especially considering they have been vacant, which is not normally the case of other coastal homes vacant for that period of time (but a buyer should have a home inspection for their own protection). For 1700 sq ft, great floor plan, private bath in 2 bedrooms and shared bath for 3rd, wood floors, tile and granite counter-tops, beautiful pool, clubhouse and boat dock, this is a property worth considering.
In 2007, these condos were preconstruction price of $399,9000.
Do you know what they are listed for now?

Old 07-16-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
In 2007, these condos were preconstruction price of $399,9000.
Do you know what they are listed for now?
That's available on Realtor.com . They are between $129,000 and $145,000. They are 1717 square feet. I can't explain why the price per square foot is so low, and the OP had a legitimate question.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:36 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,052,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
That's available on Realtor.com . They are between $129,000 and $145,000. They are 1717 square feet. I can't explain why the price per square foot is so low, and the OP had a legitimate question.
Thanks! I couldn't find them on realtor.com (impatient I guess!) but I did find them on a local realtor site.

I agree the price per sq/ft is very low. We are just toying with the idea of buying a condo to visit/live in while we design/build our retirement home but don't want to get stuck with an albatross!

Old 08-06-2013, 09:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,972 times
I purchased one of these condo's in June of this year as a vacation property. I had looked at nearly 20 condos in the Calabash/Ocean Isle/Sunset Beach areas and these condos are by far the best built, largest, with quality finishes. The current owner/developer of the complex provided a 1 year warranty on all appliances including the furnace and air conditioner. This was not expected but was generous of him. The only risk that I saw in buying this condo was not in the quality of the condo but was and is the likelihood of the current or future developer to build out the remaining 9 buildings on this site. If no additional buildings are constructed the 18 owners of the existing building (when sold out) will be responsible for the maintenance of the existing building, pool house/pool, boat docks and grounds. The current HOA's are reasonable for an inner coastal condo but without additional buildings (and condo owners) these fees more than likely will increase. I suggest that anyone considering a condo within 45 minutes of Myrtle Beach look at Dolphin Shores. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you see the quality of the building, the size of the units, the quality of the finishes in the units (hardwoods, granite, ceramic tile baths and laundry stainless steel appliances, washer and dryer), two storage lockers (one in the garage area and one outside each unit). The pool house is absolutely beautiful inside and out and the pool is large and kid friendly (walk in starts at 4") and the view of the inner coastal waterway from the pool and pool house is spectacular.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,729 times
Default rental value

Ronald,

I'm looking at a unit at Dolphin Shores, one of the models. I think it's a great deal. Do you have any idea of what the units might rent for if I decide to purchase it and hold it for a few years. Also is there a decent market in that area for rental of condos?

Thank you

Old 12-11-2014, 07:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,541 times
The Dolphin Shores project was a very good project built at the wrong time in 2007 when the Market was at the peak. The original developer lost the project due to the original bank going under. The new developer bought project for cash and then spent 1 million to complete the clubhouse, pool, gated entrance, and more. The first building was sold at a 50% discount because the developer wanted to get excitement going for the project. The 2nd building is being built beginning in December 2014 and will have a great view of the water. As far as construction goes, 9 foot ceilings, crown moldings, granite tops, and many more high end finishes these are beautifully layed out as 3 bedroom, 3 bath homes.

Old 08-26-2017, 03:29 PM

213 posts, read 211,716 times
I'd love to know the status of Dolphin shores ,as this is an old post . 2nd building started ,finished ,many permanent residents etc?

Old 08-26-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinehurstcharlie View Post
I'd love to know the status of Dolphin shores ,as this is an old post . 2nd building started ,finished ,many permanent residents etc?
There is a current listing on Realtor.com. The list price is $179,000, and the status is pending. You can assume there are people interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina