Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 03:26 PM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times

Advertisements

Ummmm, well, er.... worrying, blathering.... in this case it is semantics IMO.... but especially about the ridiculous 3.5 gallon toilet "warning". We are doing just fine down here... heading for Tommy's now for a bit of cheer and comraderie.... I hope I don't have to make use of the toilet down there after a few beers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 06:00 PM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Ummmm, well, er.... worrying, blathering.... in this case it is semantics IMO.... but especially about the ridiculous 3.5 gallon toilet "warning". We are doing just fine down here... heading for Tommy's now for a bit of cheer and comraderie.... I hope I don't have to make use of the toilet down there after a few beers.
Good grief, I made a mistake. It hardly justifies calling it blathering. But BTW, the new toilet standard is 1.6 gallons, not 1.2 gallons. I hope you never have a power outage that last more than a few hours.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:45 PM

169 posts, read 583,038 times
You might want to check the Federal Property Report of those who bought property in in Goose Creek Marsh which currently has two houses, a model and one property owner (developer has gone away). I respectfully submit that the proof of success is the community itself, not some federally required report. When we bought property in Players Club (1997)there were few paved roads and the clubhouse was a trailer. The people and history were our guides. Promises (without exception) were kept, the people (without exception) were happy and community spirit (which we were seeking) was alive and well. Grinder pumps are not an issue, you always pay for all the costs associated with sewage disposal wherever you live, It's not worth worrying about. The town's fiscal integrity, the POA's fiscal soundness and the developer delivering on his promises are where you should be concentrating. St. James has all that and more (much more). If you decide to come visit St. James, let us know., my wife and I love to meet new residents and potential residents, we would love to show you around and answer any questions yoiu might have. We are NOT realtors nor are we AGENTS, just St. James enthusiasts. bill and barbara voss

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-13-2013 at 08:04 PM..

Old 04-14-2013, 02:03 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
I know nothing about grinder pumps or septic systems. Totally ignorant on the subject.

But I find it ironic that the two posters who say that a potential owner in SJP is "worrying themselves silly" are not (yet) residents of SJP. They both still live in NY/NJ. How credible is their opinion, in that case?

Old 04-14-2013, 03:57 PM

I have been here in St. James for ten years and I am the editor of of Cat-Tales among other things. Who did you have in mind???

Old 04-17-2013, 07:47 AM

158 posts, read 345,280 times
I have just come across the following information from the Federal Property Report for SJP and wanted to add it since it differs slightly from my original cost figures for grinder pumps in this community.

"The cost for installation of a new grinder pump is approximately $4000 for all phases except Regency Park which is $4700 and the cost of maintenance and repairs will vary."

I had originally posted that grinder pumps in SJP added a cost to the homeowner of $4000 and wanted to clarify that this cost is not consistent throughout the entire community.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southeastlady View Post
I have just come across the following information from the Federal Property Report for SJP and wanted to add it since it differs slightly from my original cost figures for grinder pumps in this community.

"The cost for installation of a new grinder pump is approximately $4000 for all phases except Regency Park which is $4700 and the cost of maintenance and repairs will vary."

I had originally posted that grinder pumps in SJP added a cost to the homeowner of $4000 and wanted to clarify that this cost is not consistent throughout the entire community.
In addition to the homeowner cost for the grinder pump, the Federal Property Report for SJP also states:

"You will be required to pay capital recovery fees (currently $4000.00 for all phases except Regency Park which is $8200.00), connection fees, and monthly service fees to Brunswick County to obtain sewer service."

Old 04-19-2013, 08:32 PM

383 posts, read 891,465 times
I have a generator connection installed at my SJP home. If the power goes out for any extended time, I simply wheel the gas powered generator (which will run for over 11 hours on one large tank of gas) in place and instant power for the entire house and the grinder pump. This is an option if you are concerned about power outages.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:47 PM

"In addition to the homeowner cost for the grinder pump, the Federal Property Report for SJP also states:

"You will be required to pay capital recovery fees (currently $4000.00 for all phases except Regency Park which is $8200.00), connection fees, and monthly service fees to Brunswick County to obtain sewer service.
"

And what is your point? St. James is expensive? If you can't afford to live here then look elsewhere. Can you ever get over yourself???

Old 04-20-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonDregs View Post
"In addition to the homeowner cost for the grinder pump, the Federal Property Report for SJP also states:

"You will be required to pay capital recovery fees (currently $4000.00 for all phases except Regency Park which is $8200.00), connection fees, and monthly service fees to Brunswick County to obtain sewer service.
"

And what is your point? St. James is expensive? If you can't afford to live here then look elsewhere. Can you ever get over yourself???
My point was merely intended to be informative. One SJP resident in his post made it appear that the grinder pumps were installed by the county gratis. He may possibly have assumed this if he never read his copy of the
Federal Prooerty Report for your community. For us, wasting money on waste is a real waste.

What is expensive to some, may not necessarily be to others. It is not my place to assume ones capability of what they can and cannot afford nor would I ever expect to presume so.

And yes sir, we are looking elsewhere which has nothing to do with our affordability level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina