Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2013, 07:25 AM

13,374 posts, read 27,055,140 times

Advertisements

There appear to be some recreational shooters on vacant land adjacent to Brunswick Forest. One bullet went through the window of a woman's bedroom. They have also hit the glass storm door of another house. "Leland police say the bullets are coming from a strip of land owned by Mallory Creek Land and Timber Inc., between Mallory Creek and Brunswick Forest, and landing in the Jefferson Landing neighborhood."

The police are taking measure to find the culprits, and the town plans to post signs saying shooting is restricted. Here is the rest of the article: Brunswick Forest residents dodging bullets; police seek culprits | StarNewsOnline.com

The police believe it is not intentional, and they believe the shooters do not realize they are within 1000 yards of houses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 10:34 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,620 times
Wonder what affect this has had on Sales activity there. They do a ton of Advertising...

Old 06-10-2013, 11:18 AM

I expect that BF will put a spin on it if anyone asks. However, I posted the article to make folks aware of a potential problem. From the Google earth view, you can see there are 4-wheel drive tracks through the timberland.

There were also local guys in our area who trespassed on vacant land and set up an illegal shooting range. They were finally controlled by putting up gates and chains.

It makes the appeal of a fully-gated community more attractive.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Wonder what affect this has had on Sales activity there. They do a ton of Advertising...
I have recently seen a townhouse on Lillibridge Drive being offered for far under its market value. Lillibridge Drive is where three houses were shot at by target shooters in the nearby woods. They just missed hitting a woman sitting in her bedroom at a computer. Frankly, if I were the 77 year old woman who was shot at, I would move out of that house as fast as possible.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:45 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,056,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I expect that BF will put a spin on it if anyone asks. However, I posted the article to make folks aware of a potential problem. From the Google earth view, you can see there are 4-wheel drive tracks through the timberland.

There were also local guys in our area who trespassed on vacant land and set up an illegal shooting range. They were finally controlled by putting up gates and chains.

It makes the appeal of a fully-gated community more attractive.

That poor woman! A very scary experience!
Brunswick Forest homes damaged by gunfire | Crime | North Brunswick News

Gun ownership and usage is quite common in the south.

I am not so sure that gates would protect that effectively when a bullet from a shot gun can travel up to a mile.

It seems that the target shooters were not residents of Brunswick Forest.

If you live on the periphery of the neighbourhood, the gates would be no protection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina