Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 07:49 PM

73 posts, read 160,283 times

Advertisements

I initially sneered at all the hype when Wegmans moved to my town, and I shunned them just on principle.

Fast forward to today and long story short: Wegmans rocks! We have a boatload of other grocery stores in town, and none even come close to the selection, quality and prices at Wegmans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 10:01 AM

32 posts, read 51,433 times
Wegmans IS coming to NC in the next few years, but have not announced a location (My guess would be somewhere in the Triangle). My father is a Wegmans employee in NY, and he is my source of information. I have written to Wegmans corporate about getting a Wegmans in Wilmington. They actually replied within a day (hooray for customer service!), and explained that they generally open fewer than a dozen stores per year. This allows them to ensure that all staff are properly trained to provide the superior service Wegmans is known for - How about that!? They did tell me that they were "scouting" southeastern locations and intend to continue to creep down the east coast.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:03 PM

605 posts, read 1,258,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFBR View Post
Wegmans IS coming to NC in the next few years, but have not announced a location (My guess would be somewhere in the Triangle). My father is a Wegmans employee in NY, and he is my source of information. I have written to Wegmans corporate about getting a Wegmans in Wilmington. They actually replied within a day (hooray for customer service!), and explained that they generally open fewer than a dozen stores per year. This allows them to ensure that all staff are properly trained to provide the superior service Wegmans is known for - How about that!? They did tell me that they were "scouting" southeastern locations and intend to continue to creep down the east coast.
Yeah!! Would love Wegmans to come to Wilmington and/or Myrtle!!! Hell, I would drive 2 hrs. for that store!!!! That's on my top 5 items in my list of negatives for moving to NC/Brunswick County......But then again, I plan on coming back East every 6-8 weeks to see my adults kids/grands !!

Old 07-02-2015, 09:24 AM

12 posts, read 18,101 times
Default Wegmans

After moving from central PA down to Eastern North Carolina - other than the summers in central PA - missing Wegman's would be tops on my list. If you have ever been to a Wegman's you know what I mean when I say there just isn't a comparable food shopping experience here. This is a phenomenal company and they are so consumer oriented. I have had nothing but great encounters in their stores and certainly hope to see them venture more into the south.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:26 PM

222 posts, read 218,551 times
I want Wegman's to come to the Triangle so badly I created a Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/wegmanstriangle

Old 07-05-2015, 08:18 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
Yeah!! Would love Wegmans to come to Wilmington and/or Myrtle!!! Hell, I would drive 2 hrs. for that store!!!! That's on my top 5 items in my list of negatives for moving to NC/Brunswick County......But then again, I plan on coming back East every 6-8 weeks to see my adults kids/grands !!
You do realize, do you not, that Wilmington is "East"--it borders the Atlantic Ocean! How can you go "back east" from that? Do you mean "back North"?

(Why do so many Northeasterners say "The East" to mean "The Northeast"?? The EAST COAST goes all the way to Florida...)

Old 07-06-2015, 01:20 PM

605 posts, read 1,258,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
You do realize, do you not, that Wilmington is "East"--it borders the Atlantic Ocean! How can you go "back east" from that? Do you mean "back North"?

(Why do so many Northeasterners say "The East" to mean "The Northeast"?? The EAST COAST goes all the way to Florida...)
Yikes! did I write EAST, I meant NORTH !! Sorry, brain-fart on my part !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina