Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 11:54 AM

7 posts, read 15,235 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I are traveling to Wilmington, NC in December mainly because my girlfriend wants to check out the area for the potential of someday moving there to get of the cold, expense and madness of Northern New Jersey. I've got an email this morning from airbnb because they knew I was looking in the area and I found a place in Southport that I booked. I then started to research the town and area and it seems to be very nice and is very close to the beach and right on the intercoastal waterway. Great place for my sailboat. But my girlfriend wants a house. Where do you suggest we look?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 11:57 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,390,235 times
I don't understand what you're asking. What are you looking for? A house to rent while you visit?

Old 10-02-2015, 12:05 PM

31 posts, read 43,368 times
It depends on Your criteria. Do you like small quaint towns? Southport is small. Wilmington is much larger. Also work would be another factor.

Old 10-03-2015, 01:28 PM

261 posts, read 1,217,913 times
Welcome Jerseyman! Southport is a charming little coastal town, you will enjoy your visit. Be sure to cruise around Oak Island too, and have lunch at the pier while you're in O.I.

Take the ferry from Southport over to Fort Fisher, and drive up through Kure Beach and Carolina Beach. Then head toward Wrightsville Beach, touring around through neighborhoods as you go. Head back toward downtown Wilmington. Park somewhere near the foot of Market Street and stroll along Water Street to experience some of what downtown Wilmington has to offer. Afterward, head back across the river to Brunswick County and visit the Leland area before heading back to Southport.

There are some excellent Wilmington websites that you can find by googling Wilmington, NC. Do a bit of research and make a list of the things that you want to be sure to see while you are in town. Taking time to do a good overview of the area will help you to know if this area feels like a possibility for you. And will also help you to start to narrow down to a specific area of interest. Once you know a more specific target area, then you will be able to find a home that meets your needs. Have fun!

Old 10-03-2015, 06:14 PM

4 posts, read 5,740 times
Default Wilmington is nice

Wilmington is a nice town located on the Neuse River. Lots to do and it will be pretty in December decorated for Christmas. Take a look at this website about Wilmington- Travelnc.org/wilmington
The beaches of the Crystal coast are minutes away.

Have fun!

Old 10-03-2015, 06:17 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,390,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lar0516 View Post
Wilmington is a nice town located on the Neuse River. Lots to do and it will be pretty in December decorated for Christmas. Take a look at this website about Wilmington- Travelnc.org/wilmington
The beaches of the Crystal coast are minutes away.

Have fun!
Um, you need a geography lesson.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:51 AM

353 posts, read 605,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Um, you need a geography lesson.

Wilmington, Jacksonville, it's all the same

Old 10-16-2015, 03:44 PM

Smile Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNCGirl View Post
Welcome Jerseyman! Southport is a charming little coastal town, you will enjoy your visit. Be sure to cruise around Oak Island too, and have lunch at the pier while you're in O.I.

Take the ferry from Southport over to Fort Fisher, and drive up through Kure Beach and Carolina Beach. Then head toward Wrightsville Beach, touring around through neighborhoods as you go. Head back toward downtown Wilmington. Park somewhere near the foot of Market Street and stroll along Water Street to experience some of what downtown Wilmington has to offer. Afterward, head back across the river to Brunswick County and visit the Leland area before heading back to Southport.

There are some excellent Wilmington websites that you can find by googling Wilmington, NC. Do a bit of research and make a list of the things that you want to be sure to see while you are in town. Taking time to do a good overview of the area will help you to know if this area feels like a possibility for you. And will also help you to start to narrow down to a specific area of interest. Once you know a more specific target area, then you will be able to find a home that meets your needs. Have fun!
Dear Happy,

This was perfect and exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much!!!

Old 10-16-2015, 03:50 PM

Dear Stevens Mom,

I understand the question but I was looking for your own personal thoughts on the area. We will figure the rest out after we do our exploring.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:52 PM

Dear Lar,

Even though Wilmington is on the Cape Fear River I did take a look at the website you sent.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina