Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 04:54 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike052082 View Post
Good Luck. I've been through 3 pediatricians and couldn't get past the or even to the first appt for them. I drive my son and daughter to their normal doctor in Durham just to avoid all the crap I've dealt with. Long appt times, waited literally 2 hours at one, and had one that couldn't fax anything even though they said they did. Just a mess administratively.
This wouldn't happen to be ECU Physicians, would it? I've been looking into getting a primary care doctor myself for next year (preferably Internal Medicine) and thought about ECU Physicians, but I've heard similar complaints about them before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 01:15 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,100,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
This wouldn't happen to be ECU Physicians, would it? I've been looking into getting a primary care doctor myself for next year (preferably Internal Medicine) and thought about ECU Physicians, but I've heard similar complaints about them before.
I've been using ECU Physicians for 8 years. They saved my life once. Although it seems like I see a different resident every time I go there, the seasoned doctors that watch every move they make are the same few doctors that were there 8 years ago. The care has been excellent.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:05 PM

892 posts, read 1,342,075 times
Dr. Tate Holbrook is a super nice guy & well respected as far as I know. We started at his place with our first born. Stayed there about 3 years & just couldn't take it any longer. You would have an appointment scheduled for say 11:00, you'd get there a little in advance & you would sit & wait in the waiting room for at least 45 mins. before you go back to a room. Then you'd be stuck in a room for another hour with a toddler going crazy. They also were terrible about prescribing medications, you really had to push to get anything done. Even well child visits took for freaking ever.

Eastern Peds has been a bit better, there are still times where the wait is too long in my opinion for a simple quick visit, but they have been over all much better minus a few small things here & there.

There is one place in town that gives you a buzzer so you don't have to wait in the waiting room. I'm not sure which place that is but it's a damn good idea. Nothing like being stuck waiting in a waiting room full of sick, coughing, snot dripping kids...I'd rather sit in the car and entertain them.

Last edited by jpirate; 11-11-2015 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: e

Old 11-13-2015, 10:56 AM

32 posts, read 51,433 times
I used to take my kids to Louise Bradshaw at Our Children's Clinic, until we moved away. She is awesome! She will answer every question you have, like you're her only patient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina