Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 06:44 PM

83 posts, read 368,061 times

Advertisements

I saw George Elliott at the liquor store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 01:21 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,358,865 times
Default "The Shape of Things"

is currently playing at the Brown Coat Pub on Grace Street:
Page Title
It is an excellent production and quite interesting....

Old 02-19-2008, 03:23 PM

4 posts, read 16,201 times
I used to work at ILM, and would regularly see the entire Dawson's Creek cast. They were all very friendly, and it was fun to be able to joke around with them since they came through so often. I also saw Jesse Jackson when he came through, and got to gawk at John Travolta from a distance.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:56 PM

I still see some of the Dawson's Creek cast around. Harris Teeter...Lowes Foods...Food Lion...when I make eye contact all they say is "paper or plastic?"

Old 02-21-2008, 11:04 AM

217 posts, read 1,119,208 times
Husband just saw Paul Bettany downtown...he ate at Dixie Grill. He's also in town filming The Secret Life of Bees. So handsome

Old 02-22-2008, 02:39 PM

450 posts, read 2,324,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortysixandtwo View Post
I still see some of the Dawson's Creek cast around. Harris Teeter...Lowes Foods...Food Lion...when I make eye contact all they say is "paper or plastic?"
Who do you see, the extras?

Old 02-29-2008, 07:40 PM

69 posts, read 454,340 times
I have seen cast members from One Tree Hill in town since I moved here in August. I was hoping to run into some of the cast members of Secret Life of Bees but haven't had the opportunity yet. Are they still filming that movie??

Old 03-01-2008, 08:55 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,465,582 times
Coastal NC is a f-u-n place to catch stars, whether movie or TV. My daughter says there is a rumor now of Johnny Depp being in the Wilmington area.

Over the years, I've met Stephen King (directing a film of one of his works), Drew Barrymore as a child and a b-r-a-t, Peter Falk on set as Colombo in our neighborhood, Dustin Hoffman (twice), George C Scott out at Orton Plantation years ago, Julia Roberts, Kim Basinger, Paul Newman, sports coach Dean Smith, Willard Scott, Bill Bennet (over on Bald Head Island), Al Gore and his family stay on Figure Eight, Michael Jordan, Jaclyn Smith, Robert Wagoner, Steve Guttenberg, Alex Baldwin, concert pianist _?_ Weyerhauser, Andy Griffith. My daughter says the big skateboarder fellow was in the little coffee shop where she works, recently, and she sees the cast and crew from One Tree Hill routinely in the downtown area where they film. Before that, it was the cast and crew of Dawson's Creek out the campus of my alma mater, UNCW.

Others, I can see their faces, but their names escape me. And I don't know too many of the young stars.

Azalea Festival time, just before Easter, annually, brings a lot of the soap stars to the Coast as well as other celebrities like artists, singers, bands, entertainers.

Pretty good star-catching, but I'm not too sure about actual star-watching. For that, maybe UNC's Morehead Planetarium here in Chapel Hill?

Old 03-01-2008, 06:16 PM

I saw Boy George as a Southern Belle at Azelia Fest once.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:48 AM

1 posts, read 6,230 times
Just wondering if anyone knew of any hot spots in willmington were you may see any of the one tree hill members. I am visiting there shortly with my family and my 5 year old daughter loves to watch one tree hill with me. Just thought it would be cool if we could see some of the cast members.Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina