Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2020, 07:28 PM

1,031 posts, read 638,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
Bro, I paid $1.00, and then $1.00 more for another 30 minutes at the meter. Only stayed 1 hour. I would have stayed longer but it was a last minute trip and did not bring my board, towels, or chairs! We did not even know we would go to the beach, spontaneous. I did not see the $40.00 parking, but I would never pay to park at the beach anyway....
Bro..thats totally awesome sounds like you found one of those government meters

you know the ones that can be affected by your voting power

I was denied access to the government meters because they bagged them and shut down over half their lots

I could only find a few lots demanding $40 a day(no hourly) so I bailed and had a barbeque on the ranch instead

I and hundreds of others were denied acess because the government closed its lots durring one of the busiest days of the year and the fleecers came out
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 07:54 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,399,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
You DO have equal "acess" (sic). You just don't have equal parking rights, temporarily, due to a worldwide pandemic. Such is life. Be a good millennial and use Uber.

And you sound like an immature, whiny, entitled fellow. And at least I can spell correctly. Which today makes me "privilaged" (sic), I suppose.
You appear to not ever having spent an hour circling WB ,pre covid,to find a
parking space on a regular week day! can only imagine how it was this past weekend when a lot
of the meters where covered.

The situation there is beyond awful and it is true that the locals aspire to be
like figure eight island , a private beach.
Don't you live in Southport ? But travel often to WB so you know the situation there well?

Old 05-27-2020, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
No I don't think we should tear down multimillion-dollar homes and build high-rise parking structures

sounds like you taking my comments out of kellyanne Conway's spin book

I just think it's ridiculous that the government allows private operators to charge double the municipal rate for parking when the government has closed down all my tax-funded parking opportunities by placing a red bag over the meters and of course the obligatory 93 fiefdoms overseeing the whole scenario

as someone with a couple decades of Frontline beachfront Park management experience at the public and private level I have a pretty good idea of how to manage Beach visitation and that means having more parking available than what you expect your visitation to be never ever ever ever ever ever closing the majority of your parking over one of the busiest holidays of the year with perfect weather on the horizon

This is about the dumbest damn thing you could possibly do

Wrightsville Beach fail

When I lived in Collier county
(Naples FL)
Anyone who lived in the county could buy a year long beach pass for around 25$ per Season

You guys have characters running around Wrightsville Beach charging people $40 a day to park like some kind of third-world Mexican Shakedown is that really the kind of town you want to live in?

I'm usually in the water surfing at 7:30 in the morning to catch the best waves and avoid all the silly tourists but at 8:30 on Saturday this past weekend people were literally fighting over $40 a day parking spots... isn't it illegal to fleece people during a national emergency?
You are right on target , how do I know? Well I happen to know the locals on the beach involved

with the parking situation and trust me, the locals love having it all closed down for the lesser's.

Remember when Wilmington locals were begging for a bus to WB? Denied because they do not want
poor people to visit.
WB acts as if they are concerned about pollution but putting bus service in to help with car congestion?No way!

This year maybe we will see a change because who is going to pay the bills in WB when they don't have the parking fees to rely on?

Old 05-27-2020, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
Bro, I paid $1.00, and then $1.00 more for another 30 minutes at the meter. Only stayed 1 hour. I would have stayed longer but it was a last minute trip and did not bring my board, towels, or chairs! We did not even know we would go to the beach, spontaneous. I did not see the $40.00 parking, but I would never pay to park at the beach anyway....
I would love to know where that meter is located on WB ?? Do tell!

Old 05-27-2020, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
no

I don't think it's biggoted Southern plantation owners prancing around in white suits keeping me and all the Negras/mexicans out of the White Sands

I think it's predominantly wealthy thus powerful jerks from the Northeast who have spent all their Union laborer money down here to buy a little slice of paradise and now take advantage of all the dirty Southern laws that allow them to flex over the poor people who pay their taxes and work 6 days a week hoping to spend one day a week at the beach and not pay $40 a day for parking
I am sorry ,I know a ton of people that live there and they are most definitely
good old southern rich people. I mean they really are local and around NC state old money southern
people. You know the type that wears no socks in loafers.

Old 05-28-2020, 04:15 AM

628 posts, read 398,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
You appear to not ever having spent an hour circling WB ,pre covid,to find a parking space on a regular week day! can only imagine how it was this past weekend when a lot of the meters where covered.

Very true. I value my time and my sanity far too much to engage in such a mindless activity.

Don't you live in Southport ? But travel often to WB so you know the situation there well?
Yes, I live in S'port and visit WB often and know the situation in WB quite well.

Old 05-28-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
You appear to not ever having spent an hour circling WB ,pre covid,to find a
parking space on a regular week day! can only imagine how it was this past weekend when a lot
of the meters where covered.

The situation there is beyond awful and it is true that the locals aspire to be
like figure eight island , a private beach.
Great post

I'm not just some ticked off crestfall tourist

I have Decades of personal Frontline experience in beach park management in such cities as Boca Raton, Naples and International high-end Beach facilities

The situation in Wrightsville Beach is absolutely positively 100% third world

Old 05-28-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
You are right on target , how do I know? Well I happen to know the locals on the beach involved

with the parking situation and trust me, the locals love having it all closed down for the lesser's.

Remember when Wilmington locals were begging for a bus to WB? Denied because they do not want
poor people to visit.
WB acts as if they are concerned about pollution but putting bus service in to help with car congestion?No way!

This year maybe we will see a change because who is going to pay the bills in WB when they don't have the parking fees to rely on?
I've only been in the area for about 5 years so I didn't know all that interesting information

If I ran the place I would have a shuttle running from a giant Municipal lot and you could get access to both for $25 a year paid by your taxes

that's what equal access looks like

It would result in a massive increase in visitation so that woukd never happen since the local Rich fat cat would prefer to have the tax-funded natural resource all to themselves

Old 05-28-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
I would love to know where that meter is located on WB ?? Do tell!
Oh yeah those meters are easy to find you take a right at Fantasyland and then take a left at make believe world

Continue Down make belive for about a half mile and you'll see them on the right just passed the fallacy store

The magical elves will clean and wax your car while you're surfing

Old 05-28-2020, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boer View Post
oh yeah those meters are easy to find you take a right at fantasyland and then take a left at make believe world

continue down make belive for about a half mile and you'll see them on the right just passed the fallacy store

the magical elves will clean and wax your car while you're surfing
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina