Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2023, 12:39 PM

13,369 posts, read 27,030,896 times

Advertisements

The vacant lots on Clariday, Pineclear and Yaupon are owed by O & P Land Development LLC out of Lumberton. The company document names two individuals. I can only assume the finished lots will eventually by offered for sale. Perhaps there is a connection with the home dealer, but it is not apparent to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2023, 01:07 PM

159 posts, read 188,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
https://www.bexrealty.com/North-Caro...lariday-Woods/.

Is this the subdivision? If so it is a very short drive into the little town of Calabash.
It is a wonderful little town with a number of popular eateries. It is mostly a casual place with a real beach feel.

It is also about a 20 minute drive into North Myrtle Beach for all the entertainment! It is an hour drive up to Wilmington for Theaters and Art Galleries and many great restaurants.

Calabash is a great little town.
It may be next to that subdivision. This one is new. Looks like a nice little town. Can't wait to visit in Sept.

Old 06-17-2023, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Interesting. I have not been able to find anything online that is directly about the Clariday subdivision. However, it is in a good neighborhood, and I think you would be happy with what amenities, stores, restaurants, etc. are available in Calabash. The aerial view and street views just show land in development and a few old single-wides.

The firm "Carolina Homes in Ocean Isle" advertise themselves primarily as a dealer of manufactured homes. They do not say anything about land development. I would ask a lot of questions about what their development includes or does not.

There is another very nice manufactured home developments in Calabash for you to compare. It is called the Village at Calabash. Here's a place that sold recently, and this is what I thing a well-maintained manufactured home development should look like:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...78243999_zpid/
Looks nice. I was concerned about the area. Sales mgr. at Carolina Homes said the lots in the subdivision can't be bought. It is a package deal with a home bought from them. I can't find anything online either. Just going on what he told me. He said that you own the lot, their will be a reasonable HOA. 38 lots. White vinyl fence around the subdivision. He said lots are approx. 60 x 150.

Old 06-19-2023, 11:43 AM

58,996 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowgirl View Post
We came across a new manufactured home community called Clariday subdivision. Anyone familar with the area? Thoughts on Calabash in general.
We are coming out in September and trying to narrow down areas to check out. Thank you
Attachment 243903
1st visited over 25 some years ago. Heard then and still believe, "wish I could'a would'a, should'a moved here sooner."

Although it is growing by leaps and grounds, still love it!

Old 06-21-2023, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
1st visited over 25 some years ago. Heard then and still believe, "wish I could'a would'a, should'a moved here sooner."

Although it is growing by leaps and grounds, still love it!
We can't wait to visit.

Old 06-22-2023, 12:16 PM

160 posts, read 94,293 times
This area is growing like crazy. Been visiting for over 30 years and really would have loved to live here!

Old 06-23-2023, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utvolfan View Post
This area is growing like crazy. Been visiting for over 30 years and really would have loved to live here!
You wouldn't want to live there now?

Old 06-23-2023, 01:39 PM

160 posts, read 94,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowgirl View Post
You wouldn't want to live there now?
Oh I'd live there in a heartbeat! Going back for two more weeks this summer. Now if I could just convince my other half...

Old 06-24-2023, 06:15 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,376,770 times
There is a lot of clear cutting and building, I see a lot of congestion, and need for road improvement, which could equal tax increases.

Old 06-25-2023, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utvolfan View Post
Oh I'd live there in a heartbeat! Going back for two more weeks this summer. Now if I could just convince my other half...
Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina