Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2008, 09:15 AM

1,681 posts, read 6,034,747 times

Advertisements

Fox News had a reporter at Myrtle Beach. They went to a live shot to him 3 times that I know of. Each time he reported the same thing. It was about the erosion that Hanna created at the beach. For proof he showed (each time) a set of steps that lead down to the beach and how several of those steps had been covered by sand and were now several feet down into the beach.

I hate to tell ya'-That ain't erosion-That's accretion.
Storms don't always take away-Sometimes they add.

Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 07:52 PM

39 posts, read 242,266 times
The media always has to go overboard. During Hurricane Fay passing through Key West, a reporter was acting like the street was flooded up to his thighs. He was actually kneeling in the water!

Today, the Weather Channel pointed out that Mallory Square in Key West was totally empty from the tourists evacuating. I've got news for them -- the only people at Mallory Square at 10 a.m. are the people still passed out from the night before. Mallory Sq. is where everyone gathers for the SUNSET.

We can't believe everything they tell us. But we already know that.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:26 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,865,919 times
this is CLASSIC.

YouTube - news reporter busted live on tv in a lie

Old 09-07-2008, 08:00 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,565,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
lmao , that was classic

Old 09-07-2008, 11:27 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,588,288 times
That was funny, I saw another clip where they showed a sign rocking back and forth but someone else showed a guy moving the same sign out of camera range.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:11 PM

it's their job to create panic. without panic, no one would watch the weather channel. they love to over exaggerate. remember katrina? the early estimates were like hundreds of thousands dead!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:03 AM

107 posts, read 283,724 times
their new trick is, when they give the projected path it has options now. Option one(usually the correct one) then theres option 2 and 3. have to make sure they create panic and boost up them sales at diy and home depot. you can sometimes tell Dr. steve lyons gets annoyed by those stupid a$$ questions he gets. Guess I will keep watching hoping someday jim cantore will be blown away.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:17 PM

yeah, option 1, it will hit new orleans. oh but wait, hurricane philbert has been up all night drinking in cuba, and is now heading towards vermont. why do people go to home depot? I mean really. as much fun as some like to make about people driving in the snow in NC, you should have seen all the people at teeter running around with water, milk, and toilet paper for a little tropical storm. never really understood that shopping list. how the hell can you run out of water while it is raining? I mean, 3rd world, yes, but here? we are above sea level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJinNC View Post
their new trick is, when they give the projected path it has options now. Option one(usually the correct one) then theres option 2 and 3. have to make sure they create panic and boost up them sales at diy and home depot. you can sometimes tell Dr. steve lyons gets annoyed by those stupid a$$ questions he gets. Guess I will keep watching hoping someday jim cantore will be blown away.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:09 AM

79 posts, read 313,818 times
One of the local (and obviously non-native) reporters was at Atlantic Beach reporting on the "treacherous conditions" Friday night. He pointed out the waves behind him and then said " and you can see the wind blowing around these cattails here on the dunes". I thought I was going to die laughing. Cattails? Is THAT what those are?

Old 09-13-2008, 11:01 AM

I have found more great reporting by ABC. take a look at this article about ike. please take a good long look at the picture. look at the man hanging on for life, but then look at the trees behind him. also, I wonder what the camera man is holding on to. you man also notice that his hair isn't blowing, and his shirt is hanging down, and not being blown. it's hanging down giving me the feeling that it's totally still there.

ABC News: Ike Blasts Texas Coast, Floods Homes, Cuts Power
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina