Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 03:26 PM

8 posts, read 41,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by childofgodforever View Post
I noticed that most everyone on here mentions PC3 as non denominational. Interestingly, it has Baptist church roots that have become more "open" and inviting, thus the "community" church title it has adopted. Way to go for them for thinking outside the "label" box. Thankfully, there will be a non-denominational heaven, rather than rooms for each denomination. :-)
Better see the post by Amber Jones if you think this church has "Baptist roots - but more open" Most Baptist churches I am familiar with are not as restrictive as PC3! How women can walk with God has "rules" imposed by this pastor! What a shame--he is a gifted speaker and the music is great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terri19512 View Post
In my opinion, and because my children ages 24 and 21 go to this church and love it. Port City Community Church has something for everybody. It has different things going on each night of the week. Contemporary!
You are teaching your son that it is his God-given right to rule over women?

Old 04-08-2009, 01:57 PM

698 posts, read 3,266,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Jones View Post
Better see the post by Amber Jones if you think this church has "Baptist roots - but more open" Most Baptist churches I am familiar with are not as restrictive as PC3! How women can walk with God has "rules" imposed by this pastor! What a shame--he is a gifted speaker and the music is great!
I am a woman and I have not had any rules imposed upon me by Pastor Mike or anyone else at the church. Yes,he is a VERY gifted speaker and I love listening to him and I have never heard him preach about rules and regulations for anyone that the church set up. If I did,I would run....not walk as fast as I could to get away from there because I was raised in an almost cult like church with all kinds of ridiculous rules and regulations and I would never go down that road again. Just because he left a Baptist church to start Port City does not mean it is governed by Baptist rules. That's why he did it.....because he felt the need(through God's leading) of a church like Port City.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:23 AM

4 posts, read 14,056 times
Default Cult?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida15 View Post
I am a woman and I have not had any rules imposed upon me by Pastor Mike or anyone else at the church. Yes,he is a VERY gifted speaker and I love listening to him and I have never heard him preach about rules and regulations for anyone that the church set up. If I did,I would run....not walk as fast as I could to get away from there because I was raised in an almost cult like church with all kinds of ridiculous rules and regulations and I would never go down that road again. Just because he left a Baptist church to start Port City does not mean it is governed by Baptist rules. That's why he did it.....because he felt the need(through God's leading) of a church like Port City.

Can I ask what type of "cult" you were in??? Name of the church?

Curious as I grew up in a cult too.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkellie View Post
Can I ask what type of "cult" you were in??? Name of the church?

Curious as I grew up in a cult too.
It wasn't really a cult,but the way it was governed and the strict rules they had,it could have been. The name was "Church Of God Of Prophecy."

Old 04-17-2009, 10:20 AM

If you want to "test" my assertions about Mike and his views regarding women, ask him!! Or, see if you are allowed to lead a Starting Point or Step-2 bible group with men & women in the group. Of course, Mike is not going to proclaim his views to the congregation - he knows he would lose a lot of the 6,000 congregants if they knew what he really believes about women's roles. Don't fool yourself - this church is about as fundamental Baptist as they get. If you are really interested in how PC3 views women, see my blog at
Spiritual Journeys

Old 09-14-2009, 12:39 PM

4 posts, read 13,263 times
I was driving four hours round trip to attend Port City Community Church (affectionately known as PC3) here in Wilmington. On April 30th of this year, I packed up and moved here and love going to PC3 on Sundays. I try to attend with the attitude of encouraging others along the way, but end up BEING more encouraged every time I leave. Thank you, LORD especially for this Church, and for all Your Churches! Mike Ashcraft has been a huge inspiration and confirms things God has taught me.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresa-rae View Post
i was driving four hours round trip to attend port city community church (affectionately known as pc3) here in wilmington. On april 30th of this year, i packed up and moved here and love going to pc3 on sundays. I try to attend with the attitude of encouraging others along the way, but end up being more encouraged every time i leave. Thank you, lord especially for this church, and for all your churches! Mike ashcraft has been a huge inspiration and confirms things god has taught me.
Amen!

Old 09-15-2009, 01:30 PM

311 posts, read 915,491 times
Everyone has different views on things.. even a pastor of a church will not always agree on things with congregation members. I think this is a small thing you are talking about Amber. He is not preaching about such things (women being overruled by men), and I think it's a non-issue. He preaches the word of God, and that is what is most important. That's why there are so many denominations unfortunatley, the technical little things that people fight over. Let's remember what's important here.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:56 AM

No, he is not preaching about "such things," which is the problem. If you call prohibiting women from leading Starting Point and Step 2 classes if men are in attendance a "technical little thing," then I will assume that either you are a bigoted man or even worse, a grossly misguided woman. As for me, I don't care what Mike believes or how he imposes his beliefs on the church. What I do care about is that he doesn't publish the restrictions he places on how women can walk with God. Thank you for your response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina