Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 06:46 AM

311 posts, read 916,930 times

Advertisements

I guess it just makes little difference to me because I have absolutely no desire to ever be the leader of a class, just so not me at all! I think maybe he may be simply trying to be careful about men & women .. erego not having women in his accountability circle - totally understandable. That is where pastors and christians end up in some of the most trouble- lust/affairs, etc, and erego, I don't think it's bad that he is being extra extra cautious, even if it means women can't lead groups men are in. So go lead a women's group instead!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 02:47 PM

8 posts, read 41,765 times
You poor woman - you just don't get it do you? You are missing out on so much that true equality offers. Be blessed

Old 10-22-2009, 09:17 AM

4 posts, read 13,295 times
Amber - This is not Mike Ashcraft's teaching. It is right there in the New Testament and is the teaching of Paul. I am so glad that you are not a leader in our Church. You are so angry and self-absorbed and honestly, I do not think you should be teaching anyone anything. You are obviously very young and have a lot to learn. I don't think Pastor Mike's not wanting you as a leader has anything to do with your gender, I think it is about your leadership abilities, or lack thereof. Please go to another Church and leave those of us who are members of PC3 out of your blogs. Pray about it, don't vent. Do you realize how UN-Christian all these things are that you are saying? Pray, trust God to deal with things, and move on...

Old 10-23-2009, 08:16 AM

26 posts, read 82,720 times
port city church when I checked it out kinda had a joel olstein feel to it, did not like it at all. I would check out there small groups though. I would try pine valley church of God.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:00 PM

HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY PC3 - Port City Community Church! The Best is Yet to Come! God Bless You!

Old 10-26-2009, 10:22 AM

Why is it you "Christians" are so sanctimonious? You are wrong on every account in your last statement. I am not young - I'm 57; I never desired nor applied for any position at PC3; you don't know me so you can hardly judge my leadership abilities - in fact I was a Human Resources Administrator for 25 years; I haven't attended PC3 since I learned of Mike's biases over a year ago; and I seriously doubt you have ever studied the Bible (read it perhaps). When you are qualified to discuss the Bible intelligently, I will be happy to discuss it with you. Otherwise, keep your unfounded criticisms to yourself.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:56 AM

Hi Amber - I apologize if I offended you. That was not my intention and I did not mean it as criticism. I was attempting to defend our Church which I love dearly. I actually have studied the Bible at length and have a book coming out in February. The study took me ten years and two months to complete. I have read several translations of the Bible a number of times. You say you never applied for any position at PC3. We have several female small group leaders. If this is that important to you, maybe God has something even better for you. God bless you. This is my last entry. I wish you all the best that God has for you.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:40 AM

Apology accepted. Good luck with the book

Old 02-24-2010, 02:07 PM

4 posts, read 7,431 times
Amber I would like to add that there are women on staff at PC3 of child bearing age. The reason that small groups are seperated into men/women/married couples is that men and women deal with different issues that are gender appropriate. I lead a mens group at pc3 and some of the men deal with issues that would be very inappriopriate to talk about in front of women.

Amber I ask you to please go and actually speak to Mike or one of the other pastors about your feelings since you are so vocal online about it instead of just trusting what one friend told you. A lot of what you have said in your posts is just simply not true and I've been going there for 7 years.

Is it a perfect church? No. Are there things I would do differently? Of course. Is there such thing as a perfect church? Nope.

Last edited by wilmheath; 02-24-2010 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-24-2010, 07:08 PM

2 posts, read 4,234 times
Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Jones View Post
... he won't hire women in the childbearing age in any "responsible professional" position.

Actually, there are several women employed by the church that are responsible for many different areas, one is in charge of all volunteers for all areas of the church and works at the church full-time. I think you may be mis-informed and you sound like you may have a little resentment towards the pastor for some reason. And so what if he has a Baptist background? That is neither here nor there. I'll be praying for your bitterness and resentment to wash away and be replaced by much more fulfilling and edifying thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina