Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 09:29 AM

149 posts, read 596,187 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with the new Compass Pointe development going in on RT. 74/76? Looking at homesites there. Any info on traffic, shopping, etc would be appreciated. Will be retired so commuting and schools not an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 12:37 PM

1 posts, read 20,989 times
traffic on 74/76 little heavy in morning or if there is wreck on the bridge shopping is just few minutes from compass pointe ,waterford shops and the walmart shoping center are only minutes away and a food lion is less then five minutes.Wilmington shopping is 15- 20 minutes depending on whether you want indoor mall ( aprx 15 min) or shopping complex called Mayfair which is outdoor shops and restaurants ( very nice) brunswick county great place to live and the compass point is very close to wilmington without paying the city taxes

Old 11-10-2008, 10:45 PM

3 posts, read 25,112 times
Default RE. compass pointe near leland

Hi, Compass Pointe is not too far from where I live. I am closer to Magnolia Greens, Brunswick Forest, and most of the new subs in the area. I have lived her all my 40 years and I guess I am partial to Brunswick County. I drive into Wilmington daily to go to work; usually a 20-25 minute commute driving 14 miles. I can't complain. Traffic can be heavy in that constuction zone, as our sleepy little town of Leland has been found out.
Lots of stores, banks, medical facilities, movie theatre's, and much much more on it's way. Taxes in New Hanover / Wilmington area are horrid and are getting higher, that's why they are all coming this way.
Lots of retiree's moving into Brunswick Forest and Magnolia Greens. Waterford is a little overrated, but you must remember these places have taken over the woods I used to play in, the pond's I used to walk a mile into the woods to fish in, and...well you get it.
If I didn't live here, I would move here.... That was stupid, but you get that, too, I am sure.
Come check us out. You can find online the North Brunswick Magazine that would really be a good source of info. Also have the Leland Reporter and Wilmington Star News Online has a brunswick section.
Hope this helps. Good luck! Cindy

Old 11-11-2008, 12:11 PM

5 posts, read 35,841 times
Compass is off of Hwy 74/76 and the bi-pass is supposed to be coming in right beside it which should cut down on traffic for you. I'm from the Washington DC area so 15/20 minutes to drive to Wilmington at 8am isn't what I would call traffic. But I know it's a little congested as far as the natives are concerned. Good luck!

Old 11-12-2008, 05:04 PM

Thanks everyone for the info, and thanks Cindy for the tip on North Brunswick Magazine.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:14 AM

4 posts, read 26,897 times
Hey!

I actually live right behind Compass Pointe and take the dog and camera for a walk back there on the weekends, when they aren't working. ;o)

You can see some of the work they've got finished and the plans for the development on the signs.

http://flickr.com/photos/trostle/set...7606214691218/

Old 11-28-2008, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trostle View Post
Hey!

I actually live right behind Compass Pointe and take the dog and camera for a walk back there on the weekends, when they aren't working. ;o)

You can see some of the work they've got finished and the plans for the development on the signs.

Compass Point - a set on Flickr
You took some nice pictures of the development. It looks like things are coming along. If things go according to plan (knock on wood), I'll be your neighbor in a few years.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:23 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
Stick a fork in it.

Based on state of completion and state of economy, it is done.

Eastern NC is covered with those things. Terrible for all concerned.

lln

Old 01-13-2009, 08:19 PM

1 posts, read 20,430 times
statement about Robert Exum and Bobby Harrelson sounds like sour grapes. These men are probably some of the most well respected and sucessful developers in the wilmington area.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:59 AM

57 posts, read 274,376 times
They are wonderful people.
They cut down all the trees, increase traffic and add to the storm water runoff problem that the Cape Fear area already has.
If you go west of the development there is a nice chemical plant that makes some real interesting stuff.
Wright Chemical Corporation | PlanetHazard.
And here is a link to what the surrounding area has-
Browse Polluters in Brunswick County, North Carolina | PlanetHazard
You can find Compass Pointe on the map just north of I -74.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina