Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2007, 04:18 AM
aet aet started this thread

1 posts, read 4,587 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
Nice to see this forum. I find it really great. Just wanna knw how safe is wilmington,NC. I might work there for Eckerd pharmacy. Thank you all.

Regards,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 09:46 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,320,362 times
Default Wilmington

Quote:
Originally Posted by aet View Post
Hi all,
Nice to see this forum. I find it really great. Just wanna knw how safe is wilmington,NC. I might work there for Eckerd pharmacy. Thank you all.

Regards,
I found these links on the UNC-Wilmington campus safety page. Maybe you could plunder around some of these websites for some perspective.

http://uncw.edu/safe-relate/communityResources.htm (broken link)

A lot of kids from this area go to UNC-Wilmington (known as "UNC at the Beach" - not to be confused with "UNC-Tweetsie," LOL - Appalachian State in the Mountains). It has pretty much a reputation for being a "party" school. A lot of TV and movies are filmed there. I've heard the area is really growing, too, but it is a coastal community with a lot of college students.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:06 AM

2 posts, read 4,688 times
Wilmington is as safe as any other town this size. As always pick your spot to live. See the area and get to know the safe areas through the police blotter and local people. There are 2 colleges in Wilmington and it is a growing beach resort area. You'll love Wilmington, but choose your apartment safely.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:05 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,089 times
Actually we called it UNC by the Sea. Or UNC by the KMart because KMart was within walking distance of the dorms.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:38 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,725,977 times
Don't take this the wrong way, but...
Do you have a really good, authentic recipe for Chicken Korma? We used to get it in London and it was superb, sauce was a bit sweet. Don't get that flavor, when I can find it here.

lln

Old 09-21-2009, 12:53 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,818,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but...
Do you have a really good, authentic recipe for Chicken Korma? We used to get it in London and it was superb, sauce was a bit sweet. Don't get that flavor, when I can find it here.
LOL...This is the forum you are looking for

Old 09-21-2009, 06:50 PM

214 posts, read 822,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aet View Post
Hi all,

Regards,
Welcome to our forum as dysfunctional as it is. We don't know where you have lived in the past, care to fill us in?
If you have "street smarts", then Wilmington will be fine, if not, do you have friends and family here who can offer you support, and help you get adjusted?
I would never recommend a single woman moving to an unknown city unless she has some sort of family or friend support.
Capeche
If you are strong, and use to being around people with differing points of view, it will be fine. But first i recommend getting a support system together, work or otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina