Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2015, 03:21 PM

192 posts, read 281,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shardee921 View Post
Does anyone know if Marabella's is doing something with the old diner in Winterville on Firetower? I saw their wrapped Marabella car and a US Foods truck there the other week. They have a small yard sign by the front door too.
That'd be great to see that old silver tomb opened up and being used. It's depressing every time I drive by it. It's been vacant for as long as I've been in town (6 years).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 08:43 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
That'd be great to see that old silver tomb opened up and being used. It's depressing every time I drive by it. It's been vacant for as long as I've been in town (6 years).
It's actually a fairly new diner. The food was great.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:08 PM

155 posts, read 235,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
I would also love a restaurant near the 10th/Portertown Walmart but another poor quality chain or fast food place is not what I had in mind.
While I get what you're saying about getting a local restaurant in this area, if you're saying that CFA is poor quality food I would disagree. It's a chain, sure but that's not always a 4 letter word. It would be nice to have a mix of things, however - I do agree on that point.

On a separate note, I was at the Honda dealership today completing a purchase and was told that within the next 6-8 months there would be an Acura dealership behind the Honda place as well as another luxury dealer - likely Mercedes or BMW. Hendrick owns all of the land behind the Honda place back to Mall Dr. I'm sure they mean that they will start work on dealerships back there. Not sure if there is room for 2 dealerships or not. Maybe a large, combined one - all under the Hendrick umbrella?

I hope nothing alters those plans.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:59 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,482 times
MB maybe, but it won't be BMW since that exists in Kinston. Greenville needs a MB and and a Lexus dealership.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:25 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
MB maybe, but it won't be BMW since that exists in Kinston. Greenville needs a MB and and a Lexus dealership.
Lexus is owned by Toyota. At one point (about ten years ago) Greenville Toyota had plans to open a Lexus dealership across from PCC (on the corner of Memorial and Firetower - where CVS, Dairy Queen, etc. now stand). I would imagine that Greenville Toyota would still have first shot at being awarded a Lexus dealership by Toyota before they allow a differently affiliated group sell their cars - especially a Honda group.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:05 PM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
There is a new local coffee shop opening where the Hwy 33 express was next to dominoes on Charles Blvd.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:01 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Lexus is owned by Toyota. At one point (about ten years ago) Greenville Toyota had plans to open a Lexus dealership across from PCC (on the corner of Memorial and Firetower - where CVS, Dairy Queen, etc. now stand). I would imagine that Greenville Toyota would still have first shot at being awarded a Lexus dealership by Toyota before they allow a differently affiliated group sell their cars - especially a Honda group.
I was actually just speaking in general terms that we need those two brands represented, but to speak to what you said - we're talking about Rick Hendrick here. No manufacturer is going to turn him down, especially Toyota USA.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:26 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
From WITN:

Quote:
A Rocky Mount company will build the Southwest Greenville Bypass.

Barnhill Contracting Company was given the $159.6 million contract Thursday for the 12.4 mile highway between Greenville and Ayden.

The D.O.T. says four companies bid on the project, which they estimated at $188.4 million.

The new highway will start at the end of the U.S. 264 Bypass in Greenville, and connect with the existing Highway 11, south of Ayden.

Barnhill told the D.O.T. that it estimates it can complete the new highway by June 28, 2019.
Sounds like a plan. Let's get it rolling!

Old 05-08-2015, 04:42 PM

33 posts, read 38,990 times
Bells Fork area updates

1 - Party Makers construction site progress
View from Arlington

View from behind construction site facing Arlington

2 - Children's World LC & Academy

3 - Just the sign for future home of Parker's BBQ (2016). Corner of Arlington & Turnbury across from the Party Makers development shown above.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:01 PM

155 posts, read 235,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
Supposedly BMW is in the mix as is MB. It might well be we get a MB but if you've been to the BMW dealer in Kinston - it is very second rate. Poor inventory when I visited them too. Nothing about their dealership says "Luxury". And given that Hendrick owns over 100 dealerships, adding a new BMW dealer would be easy - he has one in Charlotte already.

I don't care really - I perfer the BMW design to Mercedes, but frankly - neither of them wow me and they are cost prohibitive. I ended up buying a 2012 Infiniti M37 over the BMW 5-Series and haven't regretted it once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina