Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2015, 07:59 PM

36 posts, read 63,335 times

Advertisements

[quote=Carolina Knight;41270359]Did Carolina East Centre have a supermarket tenant?

i believe back in the day a WinnDixie was there but that was a long time ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 08:02 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,595,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Inductive loops (pictured below) have been installed at the intersection of Firetower & Whitley Drive (adjacent to Papa Johns) in Winterville. I take it that a new traffic light will be put in place at this intersection?

I noticed those on firetower a long time ago, months. I assumed they were for traffic counting or control of the intersection of Memorial.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:03 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,595,835 times
[quote=ecusmitty;41274583]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Did Carolina East Centre have a supermarket tenant?

Winn Dixie and I think later Piggly Wiggly. We're talking 80s into maybe 1995, at best.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:54 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,761,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
I noticed those on firetower a long time ago, months. I assumed they were for traffic counting or control of the intersection of Memorial.
There on both sides of Whitley, but only in the left turn lane on Firetower (both ways). That area is getting built up. I can see where a light will be needed in the near future to turn left on/off Whitley or to go straight across it.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:43 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Default Carolina East Centre, Greenville, North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecusmitty View Post
Quote:
Winn Dixie and I think later Piggly Wiggly. We're talking 80s into maybe 1995, at best.
The entry/exit was reminiscent of Winn-Dixie stores in the early 1990's. I think the location relocated to a replacement Marketplace format store in the mid-1990's that is now Big Lots #1858 (Greenville Square, 609 Greenville Boulevard Southeast, Greenville, North Carolina 27858-6738).

Old 09-21-2015, 07:49 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Default West Fire Tower Road at Whitley Drive, Winterville, North Carolina

Quote:
Inductive loops (pictured below) have been installed at the intersection of Firetower & Whitley Drive (adjacent to Papa Johns) in Winterville. I take it that a new traffic light will be put in place at this intersection?

Quote:
Quote:
There on both sides of Whitley, but only in the left turn lane on Firetower (both ways). That area is getting built up. I can see where a light will be needed in the near future to turn left on/off Whitley or to go straight across it.
It is indeed a new traffic signal. The inductive loops senses traffic to warrant a light change to allow cross traffic to move or allow traffic to make left turns.

Have any posts or masts been installed to wire and hang traffic signals?

Old 09-21-2015, 08:24 AM

455 posts, read 527,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
The problem is Town Commons isn't inviting. I don't live in Greenville anymore, but every few months when I come down I do visit downtown Greenville and that includes a stroll through Town Commons. I'm not walking through when an intent on comparing the Commons to many other parks I've been to across the U.S., but I do recognize what makes a park great. There is a huge lack of quality lighting, terrible landscaping, shabby paths, the water doesn't seem like it's inclusive with the park if that makes any sense. Everything is just wrong and it's an embarrassment to the city that needs to be completely rethought in order to truly anchor that part of downtown outside of Fourth of July.

The area across the river from Town Commons, is that land firm enough for a park? It would be AMAZING if they could make a second part to the commons in that area.
I've inquired about the property across the river from the town common and as I understand it cannot be developed...

Old 09-21-2015, 08:26 AM

455 posts, read 527,157 times
Quote:

Are there any plans in the works for this building near the corner of Pitt & Dickinson? Greco has moved out of this location and over to the building next to it on Pitt.
According to city documents, the property belongs to a company called OMG Properties LLC and was purchased back in April of this year. Other than that I have no idea. I love the building though, it has great potential.

Old 09-21-2015, 12:38 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,761,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
According to city documents, the property belongs to a company called OMG Properties LLC and was purchased back in April of this year. Other than that I have no idea. I love the building though, it has great potential.
I also love that building and see the potential, along with these:

Old 09-21-2015, 01:19 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,551,089 times
I'd love to see the Ficklen Tobacco warehouse repurposed for something nice. Lots of potential uses for it. A city market, mixed use, events space, etc.

In Raleigh, they are trying to repurpose a large industrial warehouse in downtown raleigh called "The Dillon" with 200,000 sq ft of office/retail space, apartments, and a parking deck.

I wouldn't mind seeing something similar for the Ficklen warehouse, with a 4-6 story structure on top of the existing building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina