Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2017, 12:16 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 04:26 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
A small part of the Southwest Bypass has opened. The Davenport Farm Rd overpass has opened to traffic. They also moved Davenport Farm Rd so it aligns with Bell Arthur Rd.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:09 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
Camera system reducing crime for Greenville police

Quote:
More lighting and surveillance cameras are cutting down on crime in Greenville neighborhoods, and those security upgrades could be on the way for other parts of the city.

Ruby Breswell and Carey Williams said they feel safer living next to some of Greenville’s new LED lights.

“It’s good to be able to come out of my house you know and walk to my car and get in my car without looking behind me,” said Williams.

The two lights on their street in west Greenville are two of the 1,500 led lights installed throughout the city as a part of safe neighborhoods concept Greenville police Chief Mark Holtzman explained in Monday night’s City Council meeting.

“You can change the reputation of a neighborhood,” said Holtzman. “That really is my goal. I love telling stories about how we get into a neighborhood, and I think about those kids getting off the school bus and say, “You live in that neighborhood, and I want them to be proud of that.”

The LED lights and public safety cameras were installed in Bresell and William’s west Greenville neighborhood as part of the first phase of the project.

If they feel safer, there is a reason why

“In total, (there was) a net drop of 19 percent crime in the west Greenville area,” said Holtzman. “Is it all attributed to lights? No…I would say the lights are a big part of it. I think they will be a sustaining part of dropping crime.”

The next phase of the project is to continue to change more of the 7,300 lights in the city to the LED and adding more public safety cameras. Breswell is behind that 100 percent.

“They should be everywhere,” said Bresewell. “Light up the neighborhood. Light all of it up.”

The Greenville Police Department already uses more than 200 cameras to assist in different cases.

Expansion of the program is something police Chief Mark Holtzman has talked about for quite some time.

Future plans also include continuing to switch out old lights LED’s as well as adding four-way cameras to more intersections

GPD said they are starting with neighborhoods that request the technology and are willing to help pay for it.

If you are interested in applying, contact GPD directly.

Old 11-16-2017, 02:37 PM

378 posts, read 419,093 times
New shopping center coming to Ayden - WCTI

Remember that they were gonna build a new Ayden Crossing Shopping Center?

I don't know why it never got built yet... Maybe they are trying to protect our land, not develop?

I also apologize about the highways and roads i posted.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:13 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
A small part of the Southwest Bypass has opened. The Davenport Farm Rd overpass has opened to traffic. They also moved Davenport Farm Rd so it aligns with Bell Arthur Rd.
Are you saying from 264/Northern Bypass/Stantonsburg Rd to Davenport Farm Rd is open? Or something else?

Old 11-16-2017, 03:28 PM

I don't believe any part of the SW Bypass is open yet.

Old 11-16-2017, 04:08 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Are you saying from 264/Northern Bypass/Stantonsburg Rd to Davenport Farm Rd is open? Or something else?
I think he just means the bridge that's part of Davenport Road itself over where the new bypass will be.

Old 11-16-2017, 04:33 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,858,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
I think he just means the bridge that's part of Davenport Road itself over where the new bypass will be.
I believe part of Davenport Farm Rd got relocated...so I believe it is that relocated piece that is open to traffic. Not the bypass itself.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:10 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
The labeled Davenport Farm Rd is the re-directed route, linking it to Bell Arthur Rd. The former route is to the right. Right in the middle is the Bypass route.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
The labeled Davenport Farm Rd is the re-directed route, linking it to Bell Arthur Rd. The former route is to the right. Right in the middle is the Bypass route.
Yeah, I saw what Google Maps did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina