Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2018, 09:11 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,597,631 times

Advertisements

Look up Tri-Cities regional airport in Sullivan County (Kingsport) TN. It serves Johnson City/Bristol/Kingsport, an area comparable to ours, with the exception that they have interstates that go between the major cities. They joined together and built a regional airport in the 1950s. The only flights are direct to Charlotte (American), direct to Atlanta (Delta), and a cheapie airline to the Orlando metro. I know that's more than Greenville has but still not THAT much more. With RDU so close to us I don't think a regional airport would change much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 09:36 AM

38 posts, read 41,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
Look up Tri-Cities regional airport in Sullivan County (Kingsport) TN. It serves Johnson City/Bristol/Kingsport, an area comparable to ours, with the exception that they have interstates that go between the major cities. They joined together and built a regional airport in the 1950s. The only flights are direct to Charlotte (American), direct to Atlanta (Delta), and a cheapie airline to the Orlando metro. I know that's more than Greenville has but still not THAT much more. With RDU so close to us I don't think a regional airport would change much.
Delta to Atlanta from PGV would be great, but EWN already does that. Ideally, they could convince American to expand service to DC or some other east coast hub. I know there was talk about that in the past.

Low cost carriers like Allegiant and Frontier often service smaller markets, so that could be a real option. Allegiant used to serve Kinston and Spirit Air used to serve Wilmington. These airlines tend to be seasonal and service southern (i.e. Florida) routes. Would be great to see more options at PGV, but as others have mentioned that seems unlikely.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:38 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,200 times
Wells Fargo to close financial services center in Pitt Co.

I know a couple of people who work there. 600 lost jobs, plus another large empty facility...

Old 03-27-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Wells Fargo to close financial services center in Pitt Co.

I know a couple of people who work there. 600 lost jobs, plus another large empty facility...

MAYOR: Wells Fargo shutting down dealer services center, 600 jobs lost

More from WITN. (Of course, channel 9 has the least info.)

I agree with the Mayor. It's time to reevaluate. I know I am...

Old 03-27-2018, 05:29 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,597,631 times
I honestly think that place has been on borrowed time since Wells acquired Wachovia. I am sad to see it go though. I know someone who works there and just bought a house.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:39 AM

https://uptowngreenville.com/axe-me-...wn-greenville/

Not sure how I feel about a place that serves alcohol and let's people toss hatchets around...

Old 03-28-2018, 05:56 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,288 times
Quote:
https://uptowngreenville.com/axe-me-...wn-greenville/

Not sure how I feel about a place that serves alcohol and let's people toss hatchets around...
It does seem odd. Durham has a place like this opening up this this summer as well. Apparently this is the next new "hip" thing to do for those pesky millenials . And if it doesn't work out they'll have made it so nice, it will be another nice place for a brewery or restaurant or live music venue on Dickinson.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:15 AM

The west end of downtown is soon going to be in dire need of a parking lot or deck within a year, probably sooner...

Old 03-28-2018, 06:25 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,821,351 times
NCDOT is holding a public meeting on March 29 to discuss widening Allen Road.

https://apps.ncdot.gov/newsreleases/...s.aspx?r=15004

Quote:
Area residents will have the chance to provide input on the proposed widening of Allen Road in Greenville to multi-lanes between Stantonsburg Road and U.S.13/Dickenson Avenue Extension at a public meeting on Thursday, March 29.

The public can view a map displaying the location and design of the project on the NCDOT website.

The meeting will take place at Lake Forest Elementary School, 3300 Briarcliff Drive from 4 to 7 p.m. Interested residents may attend at any time during the meeting, as no formal presentation will be made. NCDOT representatives will be available to provide information and answer questions. The opportunity to provide written comments will also be provided.

If someone is unable to attend the meeting, they can still get project information or provide comments by contacting NCDOT Project Manager Betty Ann Caldwell at bacaldwell@ncdot.gov or (252) 439-2808. All comments received by April 30 will be considered as the DOT moves ahead with its project planning.
Maps:

https://www.ncdot.gov/download/proje..._1_reduced.pdf

https://www.ncdot.gov/download/proje..._2_reduced.pdf

https://www.ncdot.gov/download/proje..._3_reduced.pdf

Old 03-28-2018, 07:10 AM

89 posts, read 130,612 times
Quote:
The west end of downtown is soon going to be in dire need of a parking lot or deck within a year, probably sooner...
The apartment complex at Dickinson and Reade (University Edge/Dickinson Lofts) will be constructing a 200-ish space deck between Atlantic and Clark Streets soon. I wonder if the city could put a lot in that area since they own some of that land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina