Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2009, 06:03 PM

75 posts, read 233,518 times

Advertisements

Just want to know if it's good or not? The reason why am I asking you this question, because directv bill has cost too much, so I'm thinking about to switch to suddenlink cable. What can I learn from Suddenlink cable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 07:12 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
OK is about it. We get several signal too weak messages every evening. The channel line up is not too special.

I think it is expensive, too. I tried to get DISH NETWORK, but those people, at least in New Bern are M-O-R-O-N-S.

The worst part, though is the near constant self promotion. I guess they cannot sell ad spots, so all you get are SUDDENLINK commercials it seems.

I would have to be hurting real bad to change..but that is just me.

lln

Old 05-04-2009, 04:04 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,100,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
OK is about it. We get several signal too weak messages every evening.
If you have some long runs of cable in your house or several TVs you may need to install a signal amplifier. The cable TV provider can't push the signal into your house but so hard. When you start running long lengths of cable wire or split it up between a few TVs there may not be enough signal to go around especially when dealing with digital TVs. Radio Shack has a cheap amp that works fine. It's under $30.

To the original poster...

I have Directv and find them to be comparatively priced with cable when you're comparing similar packages. Directv has some cheap, basic packages just like cable. You might want to look into them.

You can get a TV antenna for local channels. Over here by Greenville I'm picking up over 30 channels with an antenna. A lot of them are channels you won't get on cable or satellite like all of the Raleigh stations.

Just an FYI.... When I originally signed up with Directv back in 1997 it cost me $39.95 a month. It is now up to $67.95 a month for the same exact package.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:11 AM

36 posts, read 186,297 times
Default and also High Speed Internet

Our original intention was to live in Carolina Colours (where we still have a lot for sale). A big plus of CC was that it had fiber to each home to provide phone, high speed internet and cable to each home.
We are now looking at Brices Creek or River Bend. Does anybody know about the options for Cable and High Speed Internet in those developments?

PS: We are coming down from Northern Va this weekend. Please save us some of those strawberries I read about on another string.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:45 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retirein11 View Post
Does anybody know about the options for Cable and High Speed Internet in those developments?

I would be very surprised if your only cable option was not Suddenlink. They offer both phone and internet bundles as well. We were in an apt when we first moved down, the internet sucked.

You also can use the EMBARQ pckg which is DSL, phone, and some morphodite arrangement with DISH NETWORK. I tried very hard to get DISH NETWORK, but could not find anyone between EMBARQ and DISH that was lucid. EMBARQ kept pawning my requests to their "partner" and DISH would only talk to me via EMBARQ

Old 05-04-2009, 03:08 PM

807 posts, read 2,514,654 times
I never have any troubles with their cable over here,but their cable internet is just so-so. I've never gotten the speeds I've paid for,but they have really been working to make it better here lately.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:39 AM

3 posts, read 13,241 times
Default Try them, no penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBradin85 View Post
Just want to know if it's good or not? The reason why am I asking you this question, because directv bill has cost too much, so I'm thinking about to switch to suddenlink cable. What can I learn from Suddenlink cable?
You might want to give them a try for yourself. You can order their service and, if you like it, keep it; if not, cancel with no penalty (unlike many satellite co. packages).

Old 05-12-2009, 09:05 PM

4 posts, read 15,347 times
I had them while living in the city of Greenville and miss them terribly now that I have Time Warner. I thought the price was reasonable for basic cable & high speed internet (around 80 a month).

Old 05-26-2009, 06:03 AM

6 posts, read 69,998 times
This is one carrier I have never heard anything good about. Most of the complaints are around bandwidth, outages, email issues, and phone service. Never have heard anything about their cable.

You may want to take a look at DSL Reports Website: Search » suddenlink - dslreports.com

If they'll sign you up for cheap and let you leave for free, you may want to give them a shot. But for what I've heard, I'd pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina