Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 11:28 AM

12 posts, read 35,600 times

Advertisements

Doesn't matter if they have a nice mix of import and domestic, or if they are into showing, drag racing, or SCCA/open track type of events. Just looking for some good people to get together and hang out with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 04:42 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,627,720 times
I don't think there's much of that in Greenville. I remember seeing a car show at the fairgrounds once.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:21 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,100,090 times
I haven't seen anything. I have a '92 5.0 with GT-40 HCI and other goodies. We should get something going up at the Best Buy parking lot on Friday nights.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:06 AM

451 posts, read 1,913,383 times
I know a group used to get together at the Circuit City parking lot on weekends. Haven't seen them too often lately, though.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:54 AM

10 posts, read 30,300 times
Lived in the area until recently and was into the car scene. Not much in the way of clubs. The scene there is mostly geared towards cruise-in's and racing.

I used to haunt Checker's on Greenville Blvd but that has pretty much broken up, but if you make a lap of town on Saturday evening or Sunday, there's always a cruise-in or two happening. There is the Lenoir County Cruizers down in Kinston. Before I left they were holding gatherings at the Rightway gas station at the corner of US 70 and Hwy 55 in Kinston. They would also hold cruise-ins at King's BBQ on US 70.

Another good place to go is Kinston Drag Strip on Test and Tune nights. A lot of folks go there to just hang out and grudge race.

Hope that helps some.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I haven't seen anything. I have a '92 5.0 with GT-40 HCI and other goodies. We should get something going up at the Best Buy parking lot on Friday nights.
Thanks for the info everyone!

Richard, I've got a heads/cam/full bolt on LS1 Camaro SS (keeping it registered in the Midwest. Long tubes and a less than EPA friendly y-pipe, 3.5in catback). It will be making the trip out in March, so I'd be more than interested in getting something going in Greenville. Test and tune nights, SCCA/open track events, getting together just to hang out, and wrenching...I'm a fan of it all!

Old 12-07-2009, 02:54 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,100,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1Vette View Post
Thanks for the info everyone!

Richard, I've got a heads/cam/full bolt on LS1 Camaro SS (keeping it registered in the Midwest. Long tubes and a less than EPA friendly y-pipe, 3.5in catback). It will be making the trip out in March, so I'd be more than interested in getting something going in Greenville. Test and tune nights, SCCA/open track events, getting together just to hang out, and wrenching...I'm a fan of it all!
Yeah, the Best Buy on Greenville Blvd is a great place. I wouldn't worry about the off road pipe and long tubes too much. As long as it passes the OBD II test you're good to go. Just don't let it throw any codes.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Yeah, the Best Buy on Greenville Blvd is a great place. I wouldn't worry about the off road pipe and long tubes too much. As long as it passes the OBD II test you're good to go. Just don't let it throw any codes.
Its got a good tune on it, the rear O2's are tuned out so it doesn't throw an SES light or any codes. I've heard from some that NC actually puts the cars through a sniffer test, and that when they do the visual on the exhaust I'd be in for some hassle. I've also heard that registering a car, and the whole Highway Use Tax is a pain. Last year I paid $60 to register my Camaro for a year. So for the 5-6yrs I'm here it might just be easier to leave it registered in the Midwest.

If you can clear up any of the misinformation I've heard, it'd be most appreciated.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:45 PM

572 posts, read 1,610,045 times
If you wanna get info on the car scene anywhere in NC, join horsepowerjunkies dot com. It's a regional racing forum based out of Raleigh and I know there's a large Greenville presence on their site.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Travel View Post
If you wanna get info on the car scene anywhere in NC, join horsepowerjunkies dot com. It's a regional racing forum based out of Raleigh and I know there's a large Greenville presence on their site.
Thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina