Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 04:34 PM

7,151 posts, read 12,708,807 times

Advertisements

I do believe winter has come to Eastern North Carolina.

The DH and I bestirred ourselves, put on our parkas and just went for a bike ride through the quiet streets of our village. It was great to breathe the crisp, cold air...but next time we'll remember to put on hats as our ears were mighty chilly went we got home.

But after some ginger tea and some hot applesauce, we're hunky-dory.

Hope you are, too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 06:20 PM

431 posts, read 1,143,494 times
Not in NY I'm not. We got our first major snow fall yesterday. If I wasn't eagerly awaiting moving to NC before, I am now.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:50 PM

Yep, snow is vastly over-rated except for skiing, on occasion, or sledding for kids. Otherwise, it's just a lot of heavy white stuff to move. Sure is pretty to look at for about a week if you don't have to go out in it or drive...

Here, in coastal NC, we pretty much ride our bikes all year. Got a few flurries last year, didn't stick. Was riding my bike in it from downtown to home and no joke, had to put on my sunglasses, as the little flakes, wind-driven, were stinging my eyes...felt pretty silly, to be pedaling in the snow, but kind of fun, too.

Guess you'll be loving NC. We sure do.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Yep, snow is vastly over-rated except for skiing, on occasion, or sledding for kids. Otherwise, it's just a lot of heavy white stuff to move. Sure is pretty to look at for about a week if you don't have to go out in it or drive...

Here, in coastal NC, we pretty much ride our bikes all year. Got a few flurries last year, didn't stick. Was riding my bike in it from downtown to home and no joke, had to put on my sunglasses, as the little flakes, wind-driven, were stinging my eyes...felt pretty silly, to be pedaling in the snow, but kind of fun, too.

Guess you'll be loving NC. We sure do.
I've loved it since my first trip down two years ago.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:43 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,509,009 times
Please get me out of New Jersey. Need to get to St James Plantation ASAP or Ocean Ridge Plantation. I hate winter, hate TAXES more!!!!

Old 12-08-2009, 04:57 PM

Zap!! You have just been transported out of NJ and all your wishes have been fulfilled!!

Old 12-08-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Zap!! You have just been transported out of NJ and all your wishes have been fulfilled!!
If only it could be that easy.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:11 PM

Ain't it the truth? Given that it was a gray and chilly day today, I took a little coffee break from my work and traveled, via the computer, all the to Mexico and back. And the wonderful meal I had, sitting out on the terrace of that little seaside cafe, baking in the warm sunlight was wonderful--as was the generously-sized margarita...and the, alas, back to my office, to my desk, to my computer and back to work...but I'm enjoying my little tan and my little buzz from the Margarita...mind travel...isn't it wonderful??

Old 12-09-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Ain't it the truth? Given that it was a gray and chilly day today, I took a little coffee break from my work and traveled, via the computer, all the to Mexico and back. And the wonderful meal I had, sitting out on the terrace of that little seaside cafe, baking in the warm sunlight was wonderful--as was the generously-sized margarita...and the, alas, back to my office, to my desk, to my computer and back to work...but I'm enjoying my little tan and my little buzz from the Margarita...mind travel...isn't it wonderful??
We just had a lovely snow storm today and on my ride home from work I was day dreaming of Wilmington. How different our fantasies are. Although a nice margarita sounds perfect right about now. I'm hoping there are some decent ones in Wilmington.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:53 PM

Ah, maybe not so different. The grass is always greener, isn't it?

There's a new yummy Mexican restaurant in cute little Swansboro and just three weeks ago we were sitting outside having lunch--and sipping Margarita's...in a couple of months we'll be doing the same thing again.

I dearly love the warm weather and being outside--though I pretty much ride my bike all year here on the coast--except today when the strong winds made it too difficult...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina