Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 01:04 PM

451 posts, read 1,913,656 times

Advertisements

Of course, anyone new to the area has to try B's Barbeque at some point. Don't go too late in the afternoon because they often run out of food later in the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 04:09 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,628,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boringmember View Post
I've been to all of those. I don't remember exactly, but think they're probably all about the same in price. It's certainly cheaper than fine dining in the Tri State Area! Once you move here, there's The Chef and the Farmer in Kinston and On the Square in Tarboro but those are too far for a short visit.
We like both of those restaurants. They're around 30 minutes from Greenville.

In Greenville, I like Finelli's.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:29 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,258,170 times
I'll put my name down for Plum Tree and/or University Chophouse. They both are good. Plum Tree is very small though.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:07 PM

150 posts, read 351,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningNorm View Post
Not to be funny...but, Greenville and upscale are two words I have a hard time putting together.
Haha - true! I guess upscale for Greenville. You kind of have to change your standard a bit unfortunately.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:58 AM

451 posts, read 1,913,656 times
Quote:
Haha - true! I guess upscale for Greenville. You kind of have to change your standard a bit unfortunately.
Haha, this definitely ain't LA or Raleigh even for that matter but still you can't go wrong with the restaurants named here. I'd like to see something nice go in the renovated building downtown along Evans Street.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:29 AM

228 posts, read 600,993 times
I used to live near Hyde Park in Tampa, FL. My Starbucks was on a lovely road with higher end stores and high end condos...it was a lovely place to sit outside and enjoy a coffee.

Here we have the view of 10th street or...yuck...Greenville Blvd...they would have done better to build the Starbucks on the campus of ECU, which is pretty, on 5th Street.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:25 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,258,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningNorm View Post
I used to live near Hyde Park in Tampa, FL. My Starbucks was on a lovely road with higher end stores and high end condos...it was a lovely place to sit outside and enjoy a coffee.

Here we have the view of 10th street or...yuck...Greenville Blvd...they would have done better to build the Starbucks on the campus of ECU, which is pretty, on 5th Street.
I would love to see a Starbucks to take the place of that repair shop on 5th. That place is soo out of place, it isn't even funny. The City Council needs to rezone that place and get them out of there.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:45 PM

228 posts, read 600,993 times
MrB - that is an absolutely brilliant idea! I could not agree more! Oh, a nice Starbucks, or a nice outdoor cafe...that would be a lovely view!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina