Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2007, 10:11 AM

398 posts, read 818,857 times

Advertisements

I can understand not collecting anything because of the clutter. That is why I collect rocks. You can always put them outside (along with the cat!).
My sister collects old cookie cutters and I have been trying to find some for her. Any one have any ideas where to look?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 06:41 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badland wonder View Post
I can understand not collecting anything because of the clutter. That is why I collect rocks. You can always put them outside (along with the cat!).
My sister collects old cookie cutters and I have been trying to find some for her. Any one have any ideas where to look?

Personally, I don't care for old cookies, but each to his own.

I'd love to collect river stones, since I paint cute animals on them and turn them into garden decorations or paperweights. But, I don't scour riverbeds due to environmental reasons, so I'm a bit short on smooth paintable stones.
So, I paint mailboxes instead and now and again I come across a nice stone along a roadside and I get very excited!
Attached Thumbnails
Collecting things: what do you collect?-mailbox-puppy.jpg  

Old 01-03-2008, 02:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,569 times
Would you be willing to talk about your rolling pins hobby?

I'm a freelance writer in Riverside, California. I write a column for a publication called Antiques and Collecting Magazine. My column is called The Passionate Collector.

All I would need is about 30-40 minutes of your time for a telephone interview to talk about your collection.

I will hold such an interview at your convenience.

Let me know. My e-mail is mmichelsen@sdsualumni.org.

Thank you.

Mike

Old 01-04-2008, 09:38 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,201,680 times
Fasinating thread! Use to collect Beanie Babies when the craze was hot in the late 90's. I was one of the nuts that stood in line when new ones came into a store! Can't believe how crazy that was and the money I spent! Gave away 99% to Toys 4 Tots through the years and kept the teddy bears. After I gave up Beanies, I started collecting antique art glass like amber and amberina objects. Also use to collect prints by an artist from the early 1900's by the name of Bessie Pease. Moderator cut: no advertising, thanks

Last edited by Sam I Am; 01-06-2008 at 07:56 AM..

Old 01-04-2008, 11:42 PM

238 posts, read 823,843 times
Here's what I collect-

-Torah scrolls
-Books( Thank G-d for amazon.com which is where I get most of them)
-Absolutely anything with a confederate flag(we're talking blankets,curtains,shotglasses,knives,anything I can find!)
-Roosters(figurines and other whatnots)
-Crystal(candle holders,dishes etc)
-Southern Belle dolls
-Noah's Ark decor
-Picture Frames
-Cowboy hats and boots
-Cookbooks/Recipes
-Red Sox items
-Magnets
-Pot Holders, usually from places I vacation
-Pillow cases ( Most are southern belle themed)

Last edited by southernjewishgal; 01-04-2008 at 11:51 PM..

Old 01-05-2008, 04:50 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,201,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernjewishgal View Post
Here's what I collect-

-Torah scrolls
-Books( Thank G-d for amazon.com which is where I get most of them)
-Absolutely anything with a confederate flag(we're talking blankets,curtains,shotglasses,knives,anything I can find!)
-Roosters(figurines and other whatnots)
-Crystal(candle holders,dishes etc)
-Southern Belle dolls
-Noah's Ark decor
-Picture Frames
-Cowboy hats and boots
-Cookbooks/Recipes
-Red Sox items
-Magnets
-Pot Holders, usually from places I vacation
-Pillow cases ( Most are southern belle themed)
Where do you sleep?lol!

Old 01-06-2008, 10:43 PM

19 posts, read 50,723 times
I don't know if you can call it a collection but I do like having a silver jewelry with a heart shape style.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:51 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,735,572 times
art glass perfume bottles
siamese cats (real & imaginary )
pottery
art books & pictures

Old 01-07-2008, 12:34 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Cant believe I didnt find this thread before!

Silver
Crystal
Depression Glass
Eiffel Towers
books
Toile anything!
music
fleur dis lis items
antiques
Christmas stuff, I have 3 trees in my house
quilts
antique needlework
I am sure there is stuff I am not thinking of.....

Old 01-08-2008, 12:02 PM

398 posts, read 818,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Personally, I don't care for old cookies, but each to his own.

I'd love to collect river stones, since I paint cute animals on them and turn them into garden decorations or paperweights. But, I don't scour riverbeds due to environmental reasons, so I'm a bit short on smooth paintable stones.
So, I paint mailboxes instead and now and again I come across a nice stone along a roadside and I get very excited!
Do you have any gravel pits around where you live? Might be able to find some larger stones to paint on. And yes, I have purchased painted stones!
I guess no one wants old cookies. Cookies on the internet are the favorites nowadays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques