Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 08:28 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times

Advertisements

First Day of Issue Covers (FDC)?

If so have you found the albums to hold them?

It took some Internet research, but I found some excellent albums of very good quality, and matching slip covers are available.

I initially purchased 3 albums with 20 sheets, but the FDC's are too thick because of the quarters. I will order a fourth.

If anyone is interested post here and I'll add the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 08:31 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Yes! My son and I collect the state quarters and have an album we put them in. Right now all of our stuff (including the album with the quarters!) is in storage, so when I get a quarter that I don't think we have yet, I am saving those in a special jar until we find our album again.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:34 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,791,451 times
Here's some dedication for you. My mother (bless her heart) is collecting both the Philadelphia Mint and Denver Mint of each state quarter issued for each of her -- get this -- six grandchildren (ages 7 to 17). She has albums for each. When they're completed, she'll present them at each child's following birthday. Isn't that sweet!!

Old 05-31-2007, 08:49 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
I think the difference here that you are taking about the quarters themselves. What I am collecting are the FDC's. See here for an example:

U.S. Mint Online Product Catalog (http://tinyurl.com/35yjnf - broken link)

I understand the buying of large quantities of coins for gifts. One of my clients has a jewelry/coin store and I've seen people come in and buy rolls of quarters to give to children and grandchildren. Some actually bring in boxes to carry them in they order so much!

I did get myself some fractional notes last year. They're pretty cool.

And yes, I think it's sweet, and an excellent present to each of them. She only has a bout 1 1/2 years left to finish up.

In storage? Moving?

Old 05-31-2007, 08:53 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Yeah, I've been in a perpetual state of moving. We sold our house in Palm Desert, CA last year and moved to San Antonio, TX. Hated TX and just moved back to Palm Desert, CA. This time for good! I will never move out of this area and I was crazy as a loon to ever leave here in the first place! We will have one more move, as we are renting a small home right now, so when our TX home sells we will buy another home here in the desert.

I will check out the link to the FDC coins!

Old 06-01-2007, 08:56 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
Ive always collected coins. Had about 250 really good and pretty valuable coins in Ireland but I left them with my sister to remember me. I cheated and bought all of em at once in a book at the bank

Old 06-02-2007, 05:57 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
I used to until they insisted that dd eat breakfast at school everyday..LOL...bye bye any quarter I ever see

Old 09-05-2007, 02:02 PM

615 posts, read 856,291 times
I have collected them since they started making them. Only because I love geography, travel, and history of not only the US but other countries too. I'm only missing Pennsylvania right now, and that quarter came out years ago, and I can't seem to find that one anymore. To this day I'm still checking my quarters to see if any new ones have come out.

I also have the the United States shaped album to put them all in when it's complete. Right now, I just have them in a box in one of my drawers.

I'm not really all that big on collecting stuff, but this one was just too good to pass up, and eventually it will come to an end when I have the very last state!

Old 09-05-2007, 03:15 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,570,117 times
I have collected the state quarters since they first came out. Still have to locate a few of the Philadelphia mint. My three grandsons are the intended recipients of this collection. I have books for each of them. We have been collectors of coins for many years. It's a fun and interesting hobby.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:14 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
yep I collect them,it was a great idea to come out with them.Walgreens in the toy section has folders for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques