Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2010, 01:40 AM

977 posts, read 1,958,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
My top ten:

1. Nebraska
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State
4. LSU
5. Oklahoma
6. Auburn
7. Michigan State
8. Oklahoma State
9. Missouri
10. Nevada
I sense Big 12 bias. But I can't complain too much since you put the Huskers at #1. I hope the offense can click like they did against Washington and Kansas State. If so, Taylor Martinez cannot be stopped.

GO BIG RED
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 01:49 AM

977 posts, read 1,958,379 times
Quote:
(from the other thread)
Week 6:

1- Alabama
2- Oregon
3- Boise State
4- Ohio State
5- TCU
6- Nebraska
7- Utah
8- Auburn
9- Arkansas
10- Oklahoma
Week 7:

1- Boise State
2- Oregon
3- Ohio State
4- Nebraska
5- TCU
6- Utah
7- Alabama
8- Auburn
9- South Carolina
10- Oklahoma

Sorry TCU, you got jumped. Had to play favorites this week after how the Huskers looked against Kansas State.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:33 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,955,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Week 7:

1- Boise State
2- Oregon
3- Ohio State
4- Nebraska
5- TCU
6- Utah
7- Alabama
8- Auburn
9- South Carolina
10- Oklahoma

Sorry TCU, you got jumped. Had to play favorites this week after how the Huskers looked against Kansas State.
The Huskers, although good, are very one dimensional. Stack the line and see if Martinez can beat you with his arm and I think that the Huskers are very vulnerable. That being said, Martinez is a phenomenal athlete.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:06 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,285,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Well if they have the same strength of schedule, then it could go either way. And Nevada having just one more win over Boise State doesn't really mean much seeing that this is college football (where everyone doesn't play the same amount of games) and they're both undefeated, which also means it could go either way. But I feel that right now, Boise State is just a little better than Nevada. We wont see who's really better until they actually play eachother.

Also, you completely forgot the TCU part of my question...... Not that I'm really surprised. They have been taking a backseat even though they're in a conference with 3 ranked teams.... again. And just pitched back to back shutouts while becoming bowl eligible early in the season.... again.
But I guess none of that's a big deal since they're not in the Big XII minus II.
No room for TCU yet in my top 10. I'll put them there once they beat Utah and Air Force.

Of the undefeated non-aq's: Boise, TCU, Utah and Nevada... Nevada has the best stats, most wins, and the best strength of schedule-- thus at this point in time if you rank only off that (stats, wins, strength of schedule), they definitely deserve to be above these teams (yet the media will never rank that way-- mostly because a lot of people in the AP rank based off their own "bias")-- the great thing is that eventually Nevada will play Boise and I wouldn't be surprised if Nevada won, they are looking very tough this year.

All my teams in the top 10 are undefeated.

On a slightly dumber note: Michigan State (6-0) does not play Ohio State (6-0) this year (even though they are both in the Big 10), so technically, both of these teams could go undefeated and end up #1 and #2 in the BCS final ranks-- and see each other in the national championship. How stupid would that be? Two teams from the Big 10 in the National Championship?

Old 10-11-2010, 07:36 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,210,460 times
Not stupid at all.

If both end the season undefeated, why shouldn't that possibility exist?

Old 10-11-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Not stupid at all.

Because they are from the same conference, thus it wouldn't really be a "national" championship, but rather a "big 10" championship

this is why not having a conference championship game is dumb

Old 10-11-2010, 07:53 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,955,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Not stupid at all.

Because they don't meet each other in a Conference Championship. Two teams in the same conference that don't battle it out for supremacy shouldn't be allowed to play for the NC. Only one team per conference should be in the NC game.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:20 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,210,460 times
I think the Rose Bowl people would be really upset.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:09 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,136,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
No room for TCU yet in my top 10. I'll put them there once they beat Utah and Air Force.

Of the undefeated non-aq's: Boise, TCU, Utah and Nevada... Nevada has the best stats, most wins, and the best strength of schedule-- thus at this point in time if you rank only off that (stats, wins, strength of schedule), they definitely deserve to be above these teams (yet the media will never rank that way-- mostly because a lot of people in the AP rank based off their own "bias")-- the great thing is that eventually Nevada will play Boise and I wouldn't be surprised if Nevada won, they are looking very tough this year.

Your top 10 is trash, it has no basis in reality. The media, coaches, experts, the general public all think you are wrong. As well as most, err make that all here on the forum. Most people do think that senior laden teams, experience, returning starters means something. Each season does not exist in a vacuum, theyre not independent. Rankings are based on more than stats. Silly...

Old 10-11-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Your top 10 is trash, it has no basis in reality. The media, coaches, experts, the general public all think you are wrong. As well as most here on the forum. Most people do think that senior laden teams, experience, returning starters means something. Each season does not exist in a vacuum, theyre not independent. Rankings are based on more than stats. Silly...
Looks like I struck a nerve because I pointed out that Boise is actually looking worse than Nevada (at this point in the season)... To each his own. Feel free to keep ranking teams based off fairy dust and piddly sticks. Your reality must be candyland or something because if you are basing your ranking off who you "think" is best, then you are basing it off your imagination.

Me? I'll stick with records and stats... you know, things that actually show how good a team is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football