Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 07:36 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times

Advertisements

I'll start it off with predictions:

Oregon wins the Pac10.
Iowa wins the Big10
Oklahoma wins the Big12 and plays for the Title
Virginia Tech wins the ACC and plays for the Title
Alabama wins the SEC
Pitt wins the Big East

Georgia and Boise State get BCS bids

Arizona State makes a bowl game
Michigan makes a bowl game
Notre Dame makes a bowl game
USC finishes 8-4
Big 12 is exposed as weak
Verne Lundquist continues to call awesome Saturday football

Virginia Tech is the BCS champion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 10:23 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,305,424 times
Let's see:
Big East = West Virginia
SEC = Alabama
ACC = Virginia Tech
Big X = Oklahoma
Big 12 = Ohio State
Pac 12 = Oregon State
MWC = TCU

Oklahoma plays Alabama in the title game...
... while Boise State gets screwed over, even with another Fiesta Bowl appearance
Notre Dame finishes .500, ditto Michigan
Big X drops in quality significantly, Pac 12 increases

Old 07-14-2010, 01:00 PM

2,327 posts, read 3,936,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post
Let's see:
Big East = West Virginia
SEC = Alabama
ACC = Virginia Tech
Big X = Oklahoma
Big 12 = Ohio State
Pac 12 = Oregon State
MWC = TCU

Oklahoma plays Alabama in the title game...
... while Boise State gets screwed over, even with another Fiesta Bowl appearance
Notre Dame finishes .500, ditto Michigan
Big X drops in quality significantly, Pac 12 increases
The new conferences don't start play until Sept. of '11.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:35 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
BSU over tOSU in the BCS CG.

Mark it.

BSU wins it all. You heard it here first.

Pryor wins the Heisman over Moore, further extending the curse.

I aint afraid to call it in the middle of July.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:57 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,455,438 times
I'll say Nevada finally beat Boise State with their perhaps their best team ever. Long shot I know!

Notre Dame won't go bowling
TCU once again wins the MWC
Alabama wins the SEC

I'm still out on my National Championship game.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:02 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,518,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post

Mark it.

Well this is the year that Boise State has their best shot at getting to the BCSCG. Considering that a large number of conferences are possibly going to be down this year. The Big XII could have UT, OU, and Nebraska be overrated due to many new faces combined with other teams being possibly underrated causing a much closer conference race than most think. This might cause all of them having 2 or more losses knocking them out of the CG. The same is likely for the ACC with so many teams having a legitimate shot at winning the conference. The SEC East looks much tighter than in years past where they end up beating each other up, although the West winner will likely win this year. The Pac 10 will be much more competitive this year considering problems in a couple of top programs.

I just see in the different conferences that several could have champions that nobody could see coming at the start of the season. I can see a similar scenario to 2007 where so many top ten teams lose each week that I can see someone either low ranked or unranked in preseason polls end up in the title hunt.

As for Boise State, if they clear the table and win they got a good chance since they start highly ranked. The only issue could be if its like last year with so many undefeated teams at the end of the year. I only see two others right now that have a good chance in doing so in Ohio State and Alabama.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:

Mark it.

I like it. As weird as it may seem...I'm kind of thinking that week 1 will decide one of the two BCS Title Game slots. I think VTech beats BSU...that's why I have VTech in the Title Game. I think they just roll through a completely soft ACC.

If BSU wins that game they could waltz in.

I don't know what to make of Bama's D. Of course it should be good...but can you really lose a McClane and Cody and just keep trucking?

I'm going to go WAYYYyyyyyy out on a limb, and say that AJ Green wins the Heisman.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperialmog View Post
Well this is the year that Boise State has their best shot at getting to the BCSCG. Considering that a large number of conferences are possibly going to be down this year. The Big XII could have UT, OU, and Nebraska be overrated due to many new faces combined with other teams being possibly underrated causing a much closer conference race than most think. This might cause all of them having 2 or more losses knocking them out of the CG. The same is likely for the ACC with so many teams having a legitimate shot at winning the conference. The SEC East looks much tighter than in years past where they end up beating each other up, although the West winner will likely win this year. The Pac 10 will be much more competitive this year considering problems in a couple of top programs.

I just see in the different conferences that several could have champions that nobody could see coming at the start of the season. I can see a similar scenario to 2007 where so many top ten teams lose each week that I can see someone either low ranked or unranked in preseason polls end up in the title hunt.

As for Boise State, if they clear the table and win they got a good chance since they start highly ranked. The only issue could be if its like last year with so many undefeated teams at the end of the year. I only see two others right now that have a good chance in doing so in Ohio State and Alabama.
I don't think there will be many undefeated teams this year. I think the winner of VTech and BSU probably should go undefeated.

Then I can see Bama stumbling at LSU...a week after @ Tennessee. I can see a Georgia losing against Bama in a Title game.

I see an Oregon losing at least one game. I can't see the trio of PSU/OSU and Iowa not knocking each other around.

I think Oklahoma could be the other team. I think they beat Texas...I think the rest of the BIG X South is weak, especially weaker than advertised. The BIG X title game is a joke. The North doesn't have anything.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:23 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
Bama plays 5 SEC teams after their opponents come off of a bye week. That is HUGE!! 5 SEC teams will have two weeks to prepare for 'Bama. They'll be lucky to go 3-2 during that stretch.

There will be only one undefeated team at the end of the year, BSU or Va Tech. tOSU will have one loss. Everyone else will have 2 or more.

I really like Va Tech. Solid D, improving QB (unreal arm strength) awesome RB.

Plain and simple though, as much as I hate to admit it, BSU has loads of talent and one of the best QB's in FBS. Not to mention top notch coaching. It's not really a home game for Va Tech. (Stadiums do matter) With Chris Peterson salivating over this game for 6 months, I have to give BSU the edge and the only team with an inside track to the BCS CG. This year if they run the table, make no mistake, they will be playing in Glendale on Jan 10.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:21 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,455,438 times
Quote:
Bama plays 5 SEC teams after their opponents come off of a bye week. That is HUGE!! 5 SEC teams will have two weeks to prepare for 'Bama. They'll be lucky to go 3-2 during that stretch.

There will be only one undefeated team at the end of the year, BSU or Va Tech. tOSU will have one loss. Everyone else will have 2 or more.

I really like Va Tech. Solid D, improving QB (unreal arm strength) awesome RB.

Plain and simple though, as much as I hate to admit it, BSU has loads of talent and one of the best QB's in FBS. Not to mention top notch coaching. It's not really a home game for Va Tech. (Stadiums do matter) With Chris Peterson salivating over this game for 6 months, I have to give BSU the edge and the only team with an inside track to the BCS CG. This year if they run the table, make no mistake, they will be playing in Glendale on Jan 10.
Yup and I believe they only lost Kyle Wilson on defense, overall they have lost very little . Will be fun to watch thats for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football