Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2014, 10:38 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,619,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
watching this game never gets old: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlTJUMug6S8
Yep. That quality sucks though. I thought someone had it in HD. Holakyle's highlights are always topnotch. This is his 23 minute highlight video of the Sugar Bowl. It is a glorious thing.

Sugar Bowl: Oklahoma Highlights vs Alabama - 01/02/14 (HD) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 01:29 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,619,314 times
2013 Sooners season highlight video. So much awesomeness.

2013 Oklahoma Sooners season highlights - YouTube

Old 04-12-2014, 11:34 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,523,732 times
Default Spring Game

The 1st Team D has the looks of the real deal. Big crowd out there today too.
White Team Prevails in Annual Spring Game - Oklahoma Sooners

For the Texas-Techers out there: Mayfield did really well. Of course, he was playing against the 2nd Team D most of the game. Knight was going against 1's all day long. All the QBs were mobile which is good.
Mayfield shines in Oklahoma football spring game | FOX Sports on MSN

Old 04-13-2014, 11:27 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,023,676 times
I'm still happy that the Sooners defeated Alabama in the Sugarbowl.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:06 PM

12,960 posts, read 13,384,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I'm still happy that the Sooners defeated Alabama in the Sugarbowl.
Me too.

secsecsec

Old 04-17-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Me too.

secsecsec
Aghhhhhh!

I don't know if those SEC chants will be as loud this year since the Sooners whooped that Alabama fanny!

Old 04-17-2014, 12:08 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,043,658 times
Quote:
The 1st Team D has the looks of the real deal. Big crowd out there today too.
White Team Prevails in Annual Spring Game - Oklahoma Sooners

For the Texas-Techers out there: Mayfield did really well. Of course, he was playing against the 2nd Team D most of the game. Knight was going against 1's all day long. All the QBs were mobile which is good.
Mayfield shines in Oklahoma football spring game | FOX Sports on MSN
Normally I don't have a problem with any athlete who wants to transfer to another school. There are many different reasons why an athlete would do that and I usually wish them well. However, based on Mayfield's comments when he left Tech, it was rather obvious that he had sour grapes and somehow thought he deserved some kind of special treatment while he was there. Kliff Kingsbury don't play that game. You not only have to earn your position as the starter you have to keep working hard to keep it. Bob Stoops won't put up with any of that self-centered crap either so Mayfield had better grow up now that he's at OU. If he doesn't, he's going to be sitting on the bench for a long time...lol.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Normally I don't have a problem with any athlete who wants to transfer to another school. There are many different reasons why an athlete would do that and I usually wish them well. However, based on Mayfield's comments when he left Tech, it was rather obvious that he had sour grapes and somehow thought he deserved some kind of special treatment while he was there. Kliff Kingsbury don't play that game. You not only have to earn your position as the starter you have to keep working hard to keep it. Bob Stoops won't put up with any of that self-centered crap either so Mayfield had better grow up now that he's at OU. If he doesn't, he's going to be sitting on the bench for a long time...lol.
Yeh, I don't think you have to worry about Stoops kicking premadonnas off the team. Stoops seems to enjoy it, like he's eatin' candy or making a sandwich.

It's obvious Stoops has proven himself to be the most straight-laced guy in the league. He doesn't put up with ANYTHING, even if it hurts the team. The Bomar ejection, for example, may have cost us an opportunity at another natty. Most coaches would have suspended him with community service and made the kid pay back the debt, especially when the offender is your starting QB. Not Stoops. He always goes all the way. Personally, I think it's a little overkill myself, and many other Sooner Fans feel this way too. We were all conditioned by Switzer. ;-) Hey, the man won the big ones!

If Mayfield is a diva, he'll get exposed soon enough. The fact that Stoops had praise for him means that Mayfield is doing a decent job. The local news media has a very contentious relationship with Stoops because they can hardly ever get the information they want out of him. The fact that Stoops had high praise for Mayfield means he's doing what he's supposed to do so far.

I would worry more about Kingsbury myself. He's known more for his Ryan Gosling resemblance and allowing recruits' mamas to flirt with him. I'm like you, he will only be judged on his winning. Not anything else.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:05 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,043,658 times
Quote:
Yeh, I don't think you have to worry about Stoops kicking premadonnas off the team. Stoops seems to enjoy it, like he's eatin' candy or making a sandwich.

It's obvious Stoops has proven himself to be the most straight-laced guy in the league. He doesn't put up with ANYTHING, even if it hurts the team. The Bomar ejection, for example, may have cost us an opportunity at another natty. Most coaches would have suspended him with community service and made the kid pay back the debt, especially when the offender is your starting QB. Not Stoops. He always goes all the way. Personally, I think it's a little overkill myself, and many other Sooner Fans feel this way too. We were all conditioned by Switzer. ;-) Hey, the man won the big ones!

If Mayfield is a diva, he'll get exposed soon enough. The fact that Stoops had praise for him means that Mayfield is doing a decent job. The local news media has a very contentious relationship with Stoops because they can hardly ever get the information they want out of him. The fact that Stoops had high praise for Mayfield means he's doing what he's supposed to do so far.

I would worry more about Kingsbury myself. He's known more for his Ryan Gosling resemblance and allowing recruits' mamas to flirt with him. I'm like you, he will only be judged on his winning. Not anything else.
Haha! Yeah, Bob Stoops probably does enjoy dishing out his discipline. Personally, that's one of the things I like about him. Like you said, he doesn't put up with anything, ever...lol. I agree, if Stoops is giving Mayfield high praise that's good. Maybe Mayfield has already started to grow up a little. Time will tell on that I suppose. If he starts being a problem, Stoops will take care of that swiftly...lol.

And yeah, Kliff has a certain image and all but I certainly don't care about any of that. I'll judge Kliff the same way I do all head coaches, by his success. So far, I like a lot of the things he's been doing that may not get as much press but are important things for the team so I hope he'll turn out to be a good head coach.

Old 04-21-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Haha! Yeah, Bob Stoops probably does enjoy dishing out his discipline. Personally, that's one of the things I like about him. Like you said, he doesn't put up with anything, ever...lol. I agree, if Stoops is giving Mayfield high praise that's good. Maybe Mayfield has already started to grow up a little. Time will tell on that I suppose. If he starts being a problem, Stoops will take care of that swiftly...lol.

And yeah, Kliff has a certain image and all but I certainly don't care about any of that. I'll judge Kliff the same way I do all head coaches, by his success. So far, I like a lot of the things he's been doing that may not get as much press but are important things for the team so I hope he'll turn out to be a good head coach.
Here's a nifty article on Mayfield and why he's always had OU Crimson in his blood: Oklahoma football: How Baker Mayfield grew up a Sooner fan in Austin, Texas | News OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football