Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 09:10 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,709 times

Advertisements

I'm getting a kick out of two SEC fans arguing with each other. Y'all argue with everyone. You should settle it with either a crawdad eating contest, a moonshine drinking contest, or a good ol' fashion mud bogging race...with lawnmowers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 09:17 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I'm getting a kick out of two SEC fans arguing with each other. Y'all argue with everyone. You should settle it with either a crawdad eating contest, a moonshine drinking contest, or a good ol' fashion mud bogging race...with lawnmowers.
This from someone who lives in Cedar Park, TX...

Do you all have running water in that trailer park?

Old 09-04-2012, 09:21 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,514,080 times
Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing a cow chip tossing contest or a watermelon seed spitting contest. lol!

Old 09-04-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Just an FYI... Alabama's starting CB's Dee Milliner's 40 time is 4.36... And Deion Belue is 4.30. So Alabama's CBs are faster than EVERY receiver on Oregon's team. Lol...

Not that Oregon could get off the line against them anyway. Bama is way too physical. Period

And just for safe measure... UGA starting corners 40 times are as follows. Branden Smith 4.28 and Malcolm Mitchell 4.40. ;-)
Well, Bama would be a challenge for sure- no one is questioning that. As far as UGA is concerned, big whup. They blow and lost to Colorado 2 years ago and you just don't do that- not since 1990.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
This from someone who lives in Cedar Park, TX...

Do you all have running water in that trailer park?
Well, when we pay the bills.

Last edited by Acuda; 09-04-2012 at 09:35 PM..

Old 09-04-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Well, Bama would be a challenge for sure- no one is questioning that. As far as UGA is concerned, big whup. They blow and lost to Colorado 2 years ago and you just don't do that- not since 1990.
We are just talking speed... Keep up.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:48 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,514,080 times
Quote:
That was two years ago! As much as it pains me to say this, I want the SEC to get it's face rocked. I just don't see it happening any time soon.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:02 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
While I think Michigan is overrated, they're still a legitimate Top 25 team.
They are probably a top-25 team, but so what? Michigan is clearly not an elite team yet, despite their pre-season ranking.

Quote:
Alabama blasted them. Oregon's defense gave up 34 points to lowly Arkansas St. I understand much of their players on D weren't starters in the second half, but that doesn't matter.
It does, too, matter -- it matters when the first team squad is winning 50-3 with 7 minutes to go -- in the second quarter.

Quote:
Giving up 34 points to Arkansas St. suggests Oregon's D lacks depth.
It suggests they stopped caring at 50-3...in the 2nd quarter.

Quote:
Alabama got slightly worse? Really? Keep in mind I'm not questioning the quality of Oregon or USC's offenses. Until USC and Oregon vastly improve on defense, neither of them has a chance to beat Alabama or the winner of the SEC in the NC game.
Yep, Alabama got worse, because they got younger. Unless Saban happened to strike gold and get a bunch of the most mature freshman and sophs he could have found, which is possible, but not likely. Obviously, Alabama is still a great football team, but they didn't get better this year, and if anything, they got worse.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:05 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,220 times
Quote:
We are just talking speed... Keep up.
Speed isn't how fast guys run in the 40; it's how fast the team moves together as a unit. It's how fast the line blocks, how quickly the backs shoot through the line. It's more than just running without pads in some combine. It's game speed, and Oregon's got the fastest game speed of any team in the country.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Speed isn't how fast guys run in the 40; it's how fast the team moves together as a unit. It's how fast the line blocks, how quickly the backs shoot through the line. It's more than just running without pads in some combine. It's game speed, and Oregon's got the fastest game speed of any team in the country.
Based on what?

Their spring game and Arkansas State... It's easy to be fast until you get hit in the mouth!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football