Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 06:14 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,046,324 times

Advertisements

I readily admit that this thread is somewhat of an experiment. It may do well or it may fail miserably.
It would be foolish to start alot of threads on these schools so I thought that I would try one all-encompassing thread.

We all know that Penn State and Pitt are the large schools in Pennsylvania but the eastern half of the state has alot of smaller colleges with only a few larger colleges, like Temple, Villanova, etc.
Maybe you played at one of these schools and you are now an alumni who still follows the team. Maybe you live in the town and you get newspaper or TV reports on that school. Maybe you even attend a few games.
Do you follow Temple, Millersville, Bloomsburg, King's College, Lehigh, Lock Haven, or one of the other smaller colleges in eastern PA? If you do, let us know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 10:09 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,237,559 times
You should probably post this in the Pennsylvania forum.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:21 PM

I wanted to see if this would succeed or not on this forum - and if it doesn't, then it doesn't.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:18 AM

893 posts, read 1,207,069 times
I like how you group Temple with all those "no one has ever heard of" schools. lol

Old 08-26-2013, 03:36 PM

If you lived in PA, or if you had attended one of them, you would have heard of those schools.
Temple may be fairly large but it's not as large as Penn State - and so far, there don't appear to be that many fans here of that college either.
This may not be a successful thread - but I thought that I would give it a try.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:44 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,218,456 times
Temple is on another level than all those schools - even Lehigh ... their conference is a mess right now with all the realignment and that could end up hurting them and they may not be a good FBS school but they sure aren't a DIII school like Kings

So yeah, if you are from parts of PA those schools may resonate ... however, Temple is known on a much larger scale across the nation

Old 08-27-2013, 04:02 AM

...and if there are several Temple fans here, then they should start a thread.
There are other Philly schools like Penn, La Salle, Villanova, etc. that aren't quite as large. There can't be threads for all of these colleges.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:43 AM

doesn't change that putting a school like Temple or even 'nova or Penn in the same conversation as Kings, Bloomsburg, etc is a bit off - which was all that was pointed out

also, Lock Haven - really? .... they are west of Harrisburg .... why not also include the Mansfield Mountaineers on there

hey, it's worth a shot .... there was a point on a college basketball forum I tried to get a Big 5/City 6 type thread going and pretty much ended up talking to myself for a season .... no harm/no foul so to speak

I just wouldn't expect much chatter about DII & DIII schools in rural PA that no one has ever heard of .... there isn't much chatter about anything not FBS on the whole ..... although the CSU-Pueblo thread has some enthusiasm behind it, so you never know

also, FWIW my college roomates brother played ball at Lehigh and the small college games can be fun to go to and if they're on TV and I have the time I'll give them a view ..... just a bit too much to follow

Old 08-27-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
...and if there are several Temple fans here, then they should start a thread.
There are other Philly schools like La Salle
BTW - LaSalle has been undefeated since 2007 while impressive isn't as strong as Drexel which has been undefeated since 1973

You could replace them with Widener or West Chester though

Old 08-27-2013, 03:46 PM

FL - My point is that IF there was a follower of King's College, Widener, Kutztown, or any other Pennsylvania school, that he or she could have a thread to talk about his team, when otherwise his school would be too small to have a thread on.
In my opinion, ANY college east of State College would be included - large or small - that's exactly in the middle of the state.
In fact, if a Pennsylvanian wants to talk about the football team of his community college, that's fine.

"Eastern Pennsylvania College Basketball Fans" has a nice ring to it - if this thread is even remotely successful.

BTW - This thread, which everone mocks, now has as many posts to it as my Penn State thread. So we'll see what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football