Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 12:09 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,345,690 times

Advertisements

I don't know if the complete, true story is out, or ever will be.
If it goes to trial we may have a better idea of who is at fault.
He still went WAY to far in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 12:35 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
I don't know if the complete, true story is out, or ever will be.
If it goes to trial we may have a better idea of who is at fault.
He still went WAY to far in my opinion.
He has been tried in criminal court and has served his sentence. There is a civil suit against him by the other party.

Old 12-29-2016, 04:18 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
I guess some people think he is supposed to stand there and take everything. I don't agree with his actions because it was over the top. What if she kicked him in the balls. Will that change minds. I agree that he should have left the area. At the same time, he has the right to be there too without being assaulted by anyone. I wonder if people are more pissed because of his race. Hmmm.

I hope she learned a lesson. I know that he has learned a lesson because the public is making him apologize over and over. This is a complete double standard. She needs help too and she should apologize too. Everyone has rights, even the man.
She hasn't learned her lesson because half wits are busy excusing her disgusting behavior. I don't support double standards. If she felt insulted in any way shape or form, she too could have easily walked away or called the authorities. But the idiot chose to hit the guy, who also reacted immaturely. I don't condone Mixons action one bit but feel we are ignoring the other beast in this picture. So what she is, as someone described her "a blonde skinny girl?" If you are bold enough to raise your hands at another person, you better be prepared to handle their reaction. Not everyone is level headed. With all the mental cases roaming our society she's very lucky that's all he did. Stupid children (both of them). She definitely needs to be charged with assault as well.

Old 12-29-2016, 04:20 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,345,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
If that's his natural reaction when somebody jumps in his face, he'll keep finding himself in jail. There's absolutely no excuse for physically reacting this way. Time will eventually heal all wounds but he needs to learn the hard way here. No team should consider him on their draftboards. He'll have to convince some team to sign him as an undrafted FA.
He had another altercation after getting a parking ticket. He got aggressive, tore the ticket and threw it in the attendant's face then inched toward them.
Yeah... he learned his lesson, Not.
What bothered me besides slugging a woman was 1) How Norman, OK blocked the release of the tape until they were taken to court and 2) Mixon's lawyers made it sound like THEY wanted the tape out... only after they realized it was going to be released anyway.

Last edited by StuartGotts; 12-29-2016 at 04:36 PM..

Old 12-30-2016, 07:37 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
She hasn't learned her lesson because half wits are busy excusing her disgusting behavior. I don't support double standards. If she felt insulted in any way shape or form, she too could have easily walked away or called the authorities. But the idiot chose to hit the guy, who also reacted immaturely. I don't condone Mixons action one bit but feel we are ignoring the other beast in this picture. So what she is, as someone described her "a blonde skinny girl?" If you are bold enough to raise your hands at another person, you better be prepared to handle their reaction. Not everyone is level headed. With all the mental cases roaming our society she's very lucky that's all he did. Stupid children (both of them). She definitely needs to be charged with assault as well.
Go right ahead and see how far you'd get with charging the other "beast".

Read a quote from the Tulsa World where Mixon claimed he felt like he had been "hit by a dude" in his statement to police. Big bad football player (and a damned tough & talented one) really said that? lol

In the end though, the biggest disgrace is Bob Stoops & Boren thinking a redshirt year was a real punishment. That kid should never have been allowed back on the football team from the moment they watched the video two years ago. It's all about football to them.

Looking at the video, that slap would barely squash a mosquito. Tough guy made himself look silly with such an absurd claim.

That gal is playing it cagey though - not wanting the video to get out - so as to keep it from messing with Mixon's NFL draft status. Girl wants to get paid.

Old 01-01-2017, 05:21 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
Quote:
You're advocating violence from males towards women, yet trying to call others "half-wits"? What do you mean "If she felt insulted in any way shape or form, she too could have easily walked away"..? That's exactly what happened at the beginning of the video. She and her friends walked away from the original incident outside. Mixon wasn't through so he followed them in. He instigated the situation. But keep trying to blame the girl for getting punched in the face by a football player. As you've already said, you don't support "double standards" (not sure how this could be considered a double standard unless you think a sorority girl has the same physical composition as a male football player that is twice her size).

Old 01-01-2017, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
You're advocating violence from males towards women, yet trying to call others "half-wits"? What do you mean "If she felt insulted in any way shape or form, she too could have easily walked away"..? That's exactly what happened at the beginning of the video. She and her friends walked away from the original incident outside. Mixon wasn't through so he followed them in. He instigated the situation. But keep trying to blame the girl for getting punched in the face by a football player. As you've already said, you don't support "double standards" (not sure how this could be considered a double standard unless you think a sorority girl has the same physical composition as a male football player that is twice her size).
here we go. My response to the line about half-wits is this "Well if the shoe fits, then I'm sorry can't help you. " Where in my post did I say Mixons action was justified? I don't need to condemn him because it has already been established in this thread, all over the media. Even Stevie Wonder can see that his behavior is totally unacceptable. What I was harping on is the fact that no one is talking about the girls involvement in the ordeal and how putting her hands on him was also a douche move on her part.

So you need to learn to comprehend things before responding or risk sounding like a total half-wit. In conclusion, Mixon is a full blown douche and deserves to be punished (like every other person that assaults anothe) AND so should the girl for getting physical when she had other options. Taht idiot could have seriously hurt her. I'm holding all parties involved in this ordeal accountable :idea: so please, Read first, comprehend and then respond.

Old 01-01-2017, 04:42 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
here we go. My response to the line about half-wits is this "Well if the shoe fits, then I'm sorry can't help you. " Where in my post did I say Mixons action was justified? I don't need to condemn him because it has already been established in this thread, all over the media. Even Stevie Wonder can see that his behavior is totally unacceptable. What I was harping on is the fact that no one is talking about the girls involvement in the ordeal and how putting her hands on him was also a douche move on her part.

So you need to learn to comprehend things before responding or risk sounding like a total half-wit. In conclusion, Mixon is a full blown douche and deserves to be punished (like every other person that assaults anothe) AND so should the girl for getting physical when she had other options. Taht idiot could have seriously hurt her. I'm holding all parties involved in this ordeal accountable :idea: so please, Read first, comprehend and then respond.

I get what you are saying, no decent person could ever condone Mixon's actions. He totally did wrong!! But remember, you're on a VERY pro-female forum. Women can do no wrong here. Heck, she could've put a loaded gun in his face and many here would STILL rip on him for defending himself. The reason I bolded that one statement is because I could easily see the Sir Gallahads and the White Knights jumping in here saying I'm condoning what he did-because honestly, I'm appalled at what he did. (Thought I'd best bold that too, as a precaution against those seeking Preferred Male Poster status from the females here)

Old 01-01-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I get what you are saying, no decent person could ever condone Mixon's actions. He totally did wrong!! But remember, you're on a VERY pro-female forum. Women can do no wrong here. Heck, she could've put a loaded gun in his face and many here would STILL rip on him for defending himself. The reason I bolded that one statement is because I could easily see the Sir Gallahads and the White Knights jumping in here saying I'm condoning what he did-because honestly, I'm appalled at what he did. (Thought I'd best bold that too, as a precaution against those seeking Preferred Male Poster status from the females here)
lol Thats the main reason I stopped frequenting the relationship and current events sections. Too many people vying for attention (reps) as if one can payoff their mortgage with those cd rep pts. Anyway, thanks for also presenting a balanced and refreshing perspective despite the position of the "great majority."

Old 01-03-2017, 12:51 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Did anyone else catch one of the broadcasters during the game last night lash back at people who lashed out at him because he said he wishes Joe Mixon good luck in the NFL? His point was he really wanted to see someone with a second chance succeed, which I agreed with. This event was two years ago, he's done his time and followed everything he was supposed to do, when has Mixon adequately paid morally for what was a very wrong action?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football