Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 11:34 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Oregon's uniforms are an embarrasment to college football. Black, huh? Gee, that's original.......no one's been doing that lately.

Glad you think the uni's are responsible for so much of their success, but everyone I know thinks they SUCK. I've never heard anything but negative statements about them, and I've lived in 3 different parts of the country since they came out.

Sad that a player would choose to go to a particular school so he can look like he got pummeled in a paintball scrap.
Finally, someone has taken an extensive poll throughout these vast lands of our country, analyzed the data, and have officially come to the conclusion that they indeed, SUCK!

However, I didn't say the unis were responsible for any of our success on the field. I would say an offense that has been putting up well over 500 yards a game the last few years would be more responsible. I did say it helps with recruiting 18 year old kids, well, that and our cheerleaders.

Besides, it is "diamond platting," not paintball.

Here's a new recruit. Hope she chooses us.

You know, you're right. Those unis are fugly, but she isn't too shabby.

Last edited by Acuda; 10-18-2008 at 11:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 12:56 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,219,784 times
faveshio st, georgia, oregon [sorry but they are cool as hell] lousiana tech,miami,baylor,kansas [those helmets are hot], oklahoma,the new syracuse unis,ecu,utep, notre dame,washington,alabama,auburn,vanderbilt

Old 10-18-2008, 01:52 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
I liked oregon's uniforms a few years ago. then they got carried away. I think it was during the harrington years that I liked them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Finally, someone has taken an extensive poll throughout these vast lands of our country, analyzed the data, and have officially come to the conclusion that they indeed, SUCK!

However, I didn't say the unis were responsible for any of our success on the field. I would say an offense that has been putting up well over 500 yards a game the last few years would be more responsible. I did say it helps with recruiting 18 year old kids, well, that and our cheerleaders.

Besides, it is "diamond platting," not paintball.

Here's a new recruit. Hope she chooses us.

You know, you're right. Those unis are fugly, but she isn't too shabby.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:39 PM

Well, I like most of Oregon's uniform combos, but not all of them. So, here is my list of 10 teams other than Oregon that I like. Obviously, Eugene is the hub of college uniform fashion, so it wouldn't be right to include them in a blatantly inferior uniform list.

Of course the Reigning King

Oregon- Quack, Quack-the epitome of class

1. Syracuse (from the McNabb days)

http://www.momsonthemove.com/inspired_moms/fullsize/mcnabb_college.jpg (broken link)
2. Ole Miss (Blue unis)

3. Georgia Tech (blue-Shawn Jones era)

4. Colorado Buffaloes (the Hail Mary at Michigan)

5. Arizona (Desert Swarm days)

6. Texas
7. LSU
8. West Virginia (Major Harris days)

9. Tennessee
10. Hawai'i (black and dark green unis)

Last edited by Acuda; 10-18-2008 at 07:24 PM..

Old 10-19-2008, 07:53 AM

wish I could find a picture of the gators uniforms during the 1966 season. this was the logo. the florida gators, without question the most influential team in sports.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
wish I could find a picture of the gators uniforms during the 1966 season. this was the logo. the florida gators, without question the most influential team in sports.
Without question the most influential team in sports?

Why is that? Gatorade?

Man, I always believed you were a simple SEC homer, but I realize now you do not even think logically within your own conference.

Are these them?

Old 10-19-2008, 08:42 AM

yes, because of gatorade. it has been the most influential invention in sports history. historically the head coach gets the gatorade shower after winning a championship. if it was called duckade, you would be saying the same thing. those aren't the uniforms. I know they wore the uniforms I like during the 2006 season against alabama. I couldn't find an image of chris leak wearing them. it's just a white helmet with that blue F on it.

Quote:
Without question the most influential team in sports?

Why is that? Gatorade?

Man, I always believed you were a simple SEC homer, but I realize now you do not even think logically within your own conference.

Are these them?

Old 10-19-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
yes, because of gatorade. it has been the most influential invention in sports history. historically the head coach gets the gatorade shower after winning a championship. if it was called duckade, you would be saying the same thing. those aren't the uniforms. I know they wore the uniforms I like during the 2006 season against alabama. I couldn't find an image of chris leak wearing them. it's just a white helmet with that blue F on it.
Not really. You see, your coach asked why his players got so dehydrated in the summer. Dr. Cade then came up with Gatorade and offered the rights to the university which they refused. So, he signed with a company to sell the stuff. When sales boomed, UF realized their mistake and tried to get the rights, but Cade said, "No." Sadly, the university brought a lawsuit against the man and they eventually came to an agreement. Rather pathetic how the university acted IMO.

Now, I do not say Oregon is the most influential uniform and Sports Marketing team in sports because of their ties with Nike. Nike tests equipment on the Ducks. Nike is the most influential sports marketing/equipment company in the world. Oregon just benefits from having an alum as the founder of Nike.

Besides, Cade was a Longhorn from UT-Austin

http://www.collegefootballteamstore.com/catalog/RID5RFT-FLOGAT66.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-19-2008, 09:11 AM

still not the right helmet. the F is too large on that one. I don't know why I can't find a pic online.

Quote:
Not really. You see, your coach asked why his players got so dehydrated in the summer. Dr. Cade then came up with Gatorade and offered the rights to the university which they refused. So, he signed with a company to sell the stuff. When sales boomed, UF realized their mistake and tried to get the rights, but Cade said, "No." Sadly, the university brought a lawsuit against the man and they eventually came to an agreement. Rather pathetic how the university acted IMO.

Now, I do not say Oregon is the most influential uniform and Sports Marketing team in sports because of their ties with Nike. Nike tests equipment on the Ducks. Nike is the most influential sports marketing/equipment company in the world. Oregon just benefits from having an alum as the founder of Nike.

Besides, Cade was a Longhorn from UT-Austin

Old 10-19-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
still not the right helmet. the F is too large on that one. I don't know why I can't find a pic online.
Check out the Helmet Project.

I don't think you can upload pics, but it's a cool sight to check out old helmets.

The Helmet Project
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football