Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 09:34 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Man I hope Oklahoma puts up a good battle, all these Texas fans whining about how they should be in, they're not, its been decided, done, nothing is going change that.

How about looking at the positives of the season and look forward to your bowl game (even if it isn't a NC game).

I could debate this but I wont
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 09:47 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,455,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I could debate this but I wont
Whats to debate??

Nothing is going to change the outcome of what happened with the BCS polls on Monday, the best what can come out of it is another strong push for a playoff, but these idiots who run the show once again will fail to see the point of a playoff and continue with this excuse they call of deciding which teams go where .

Don't get me wrong I'd be mega *issed off if it happened to my team, but at the end of the day nothing is going to change the outcome, you just have to take the positives as hard as that may be.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:01 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,942,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
So quit talking about Texas and OU. I'm talking about Texas and Florida. I think Texas belongs in the NC game instead of Florida. OU is a done deal...their spot was decided by the rules they all agreed to follow. Get over it.

BUT, had Alabama won tonight, I would not have said a thing. But Florida won. Texas has the same record as Florida. Texas played a tougher schedule and was beat by a tougher team than Florida played or was beat by. Texas, based on those computer nerds and in every practical way, is a better team than Florida. They should be playing OU in the NC game.
Uhhh no...

1. If you have been paying any attention to the sports analysts over the past month the team they always say is playing the best football is Florida. Not Texas and not OU.

2. It's called a NATIONAL championship for a reason. You get teams to face each other from more than one conference.

3. BCS is highly reluctant to allow for rematches in the NC game.

4. The earlier in the season the loss, the less it matters.

5. Ole Miss has since proven itself to be one of the better SEC teams. TTU proved it was overhyped at the TTU-OU game. Oh and also by barely squeaking by Baylor.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:16 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,646,071 times
Wouldn't it be funny if USC somehow became the number 2 team and won then it all? Anyway I hope that FLA or Bama's opponent beats them because I don't like the SEC. Go Big12.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if USC somehow became the number 2 team and won then it all? Anyway I hope that FLA or Bama's opponent beats them because I don't like the SEC. Go Big12.
Same here, I can't stand some of the SEC's fans.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:07 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,845 times
And...Drum roll...OU kicked a$$, has the best O-line by far. Heck, they just broke a 1920 record that would be unheard of this day and age, along with the highest scoring season in NCAA 1 history... Need anyone say more. If OU wins the NC game against Florida by a couple TDs/D holds up, then it will become one of the greatest teams in college football history. We'll see what happens. OU by 14.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
And...Drum roll...OU kicked a$$, has the best O-line by far. Heck, they just broke a 1920 record that would be unheard of this day and age, along with the highest scoring season in NCAA 1 history... Need anyone say more. If OU wins the NC game against Florida by a couple TDs/D holds up, then it will become one of the greatest teams in college football history. We'll see what happens. OU by 14.
Lol your're gana get crucified with that comment.

I hope your're right though.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:23 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I could and really would go on about this but it's been argued in like 5 different topics on here.

What the heck. The whole Tech beat Texas is a great argument it really is, if it were from Tech who was trying to pass Texas to get into the Big XII game. However it's from an OU point of view and Texas beat OU. Look at any other conference and Texas would be playing tonight.

Thats it Im done talking about Texas vs OU.

1. Texas ignores that the BCS ranks OU better.

2. Texas ignores it is a 3 way tie.

3. Texas ignores that they have the same record as Tech and lost to them, yet are ranked ahead of them.

4. Texas ignores that OU has a substantial lead in point differentials among tied teams:

5. Texas forgets they lost to Tech - and really, were blown out in the first half

6. Texas ignores that the only reason Tech fell so much in the polls is because OU clobbered them

7. Texas ignores that if OU lost last week, Texas STILL would not be playing in the championship game.

8. Texas ignores their much softer schedule versus OU.

9. Texas ignores how OU clobbered OSU on the road and Texas barely beat them in Austin.

10. Texas ignores how OU was beating them handily until the refs stepped in and made a bunch of questionable calls.

11. Texas ignores how Stoops was classy and turned down an appearance to blab during the Texas/A&M game, while Mack Brown cried like a little girl.

12. Texas forgets how OU dominated most of its opponents this season and scored 60+ in their final 5 games.

COMMON OPPONENTS:

2 Texas Tech W 65-21 at(6)Texas Tech L 33-39
19 Missouri W 62-21 (11) Missouri W 56-31
at 11 OSU W 61-41 (7)OSU W 28-24
at Baylor W 49-17 Baylor W 45-21
at Texas A&M W 66-28 Texas A&M W 49-9
16 Kansas W 45-31 at Kansas W 35-7
[/SIZE]

Old 12-07-2008, 10:22 AM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
So quit talking about Texas and OU. I'm talking about Texas and Florida.
The only thing we're gonna talk about is OU FU.

Quote:
BUT, had Alabama won tonight, I would not have said a thing.
Nor would the rest of the country.

Quote:
Texas played a tougher schedule and was beat by a tougher team than Florida played or was beat by...
Florida, the #2 team according to many polls, played the #1 team and beat them, so they're in and that's that!

For Texas to get in, they'd have to get to and win the Big 12 Championship game. For them to do that, they'd have to have not lost to TT or hope TT or even Missouri beat OU. It didn't happen!

Maybe part of the BSC formula is to not send two from the same conference, or maybe that's what conference championships is for.

I would agree that Texas had the tougher schedule between OU, USC, Florida, and Alabama... in that order. Alabama was just exposed to their weakness of schedule yesterday. But Florida, although I thought their schedule was pretty suspect, has history on their side.

Most of us think OU v Florida makes for a pretty good game. When the Sooners beat TT by 44, it just sent the BCS computers into a tailspin.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:34 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
1. Texas ignores that the BCS ranks OU better.

2. Texas ignores it is a 3 way tie.

3. Texas ignores that they have the same record as Tech and lost to them, yet are ranked ahead of them.

4. Texas ignores that OU has a substantial lead in point differentials among tied teams:

5. Texas forgets they lost to Tech - and really, were blown out in the first half

6. Texas ignores that the only reason Tech fell so much in the polls is because OU clobbered them

7. Texas ignores that if OU lost last week, Texas STILL would not be playing in the championship game.

9. Texas ignores how OU clobbered OSU on the road and Texas barely beat them in Austin.

10. Texas ignores how OU was beating them handily until the refs stepped in and made a bunch of questionable calls.

11. Texas ignores how Stoops was classy and turned down an appearance to blab during the Texas/A&M game, while Mack Brown cried like a little girl.

12. Texas forgets how OU dominated most of its opponents this season and scored 60+ in their final 5 games.

COMMON OPPONENTS:

2 Texas Tech W 65-21 at(6)Texas Tech L 33-39
19 Missouri W 62-21 (11) Missouri W 56-31
at 11 OSU W 61-41 (7)OSU W 28-24
at Baylor W 49-17 Baylor W 45-21
at Texas A&M W 66-28 Texas A&M W 49-9
16 Kansas W 45-31 at Kansas W 35-7
[/SIZE]
You showed my point for me, OU scores a ton of points okay. Texas did not give up nearly as many points as OU did.

The Texas OU and Tech are tied is correct, however I think it's obvious that because of their BCS standings Tech wasn't really in the debate.

Texas Decides when their up by 40 points in the 4th to put in the 2nd string not have their 1st string offense in the game and throwing the ball into the end zone. Please save the Stoops is a class act, he's scumbag.

Quote:
HAHAHA, I was waiting for the "it's the refs fault we lost" excuses.

Quote:
Yea I mean OU is 1 in SOS Texas is 4th in SOS, thats a whole lot tougher.

Of course no of this matter as Florida will beat OU in the BCS game. Maybe one day people will see OU CHOKES in BCS games.

GO GATORS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football